Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was just curious, does anyone swap their tires around between city driving and trail blazing? Or do the off road tires that come stock with the Rubicon work well enough on the paved roads. Just occured to me it would not be that hard to switch the tires around when planning to do some more serious off roading, and also that way the off road tires are preserved for where they are really needed.

Cheers, Tony

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I don't. Not worth the money to me, having to buy 4 tires and wheels, just to use them for city driving. Besides, you never know when you might see an old dirt road you want to explore.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Never thought of it, but today on the way to work I saw a gecko JKU that was lifted way up and had a ton of custom work. Had a spare on the back that looked to be a 37", but was rolling on what looked like maybe 32 or 33" tires and completely different wheels than were on the spare.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, probably more trouble than it is worth. Just thought it could impact the mileage when planning to go on a long trip, but then of course as was mentioned that takes away some possibilities to take "short cuts".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts