Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Willys 2 door on order and have no experience in disconnecting the sway bar. For use on some of the easy to moderate trails in the San Juan Colorado mountains would a manual sway bar disconnect mod be worthwhile? If so any suggestions as to brand/style for a ease of use and value?

·
Premium Member
2017 Willys 2 door
516 Posts
I have a Willys 2 door on order and have no experience in disconnecting the sway bar. For use on some of the easy to moderate trails in the San Juan Colorado mountains would a manual sway bar disconnect mod be worthwhile? If so any suggestions as to brand/style for a ease of use and value?
Absolutely. Disconnecting your sway bar truly unlocks your jeeps full capability, without disconnecting you are losing out. I would look at JKS quick disconnects, Metalcloak, Or Teraflex disconnects. It’s very easy to manually disconnect them as well, easy as pulling a pin and sliding them out.

even on easy or moderate trails disconnecting is beneficial, it gives you a more comfortable ride and the Jeep feels considerably less tippy

·
Super Moderator
13,075 Posts
I have the JKS quick disconnects. They are easy to disconnect and reconnect.

Bicycle part Font Auto part Automotive wheel system Rim

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Pretty well seen it all
2021 Willys JL manual
238 Posts
I miss the electric disconnect on the Rubi, but just received the Teraflex disconnect units that I'll install before our next trip off road. Makes even simple trail riding much more comfortable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts