Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow so much to learn. new jeep owner just got through 2 months research and finally had tires and rims installed
now am learning articulation and body sway soo are sway bar quick disconnects a must for all types of off roading or just for rocky and mountainous terrain live in illinois basicly flat land most off roading will be at 4x4 parks trails with mud, hills and creek beds i guess?
is this something for me to look into ?
will be doing a couple jamborees this year badlands in. , and williamsburg ky. and kessie jeep farm in. this weekend

2016 2dr wrangler soft top 6 manual,265/75/16 dc extreme country, american racing baha

·
Super Moderator
22,012 Posts
I think they are beneficial in most situations. I like to disconnect on fas rough washboard roads. There some steep off camber spots say steep ledge roads in Moab where I feel better being connected but in most off road stuff I disco

·
Registered
353 Posts
wow so much to learn. new jeep owner just got through 2 months research and finally had tires and rims installed now am learning articulation and body sway soo are sway bar quick disconnects a must for all types of off roading or just for rocky and mountainous terrain live in illinois basicly flat land most off roading will be at 4x4 parks trails with mud, hills and creek beds i guess? is this something for me to look into ? will be doing a couple jamborees this year badlands in. , and williamsburg ky. and kessie jeep farm in. this weekend 2016 2dr wrangler soft top 6 manual,265/75/16 dc extreme country, american racing baha
I have a rubicon and still disco when off road. Anytime your front swaybar is connected your body tends to lean with your front axle.....disconnecting it allows your front axle to float from bumpstop to bumpstop with far less body roll. So even if your on a flat trail that's heavily rutted out where you have to drop one wheel into a deep rut....very common.....being disco'd would be beneficial.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like something to put on my list for my build thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts