Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a 2" add a leaf lift on my yj. Should i get a sway bar disconnect? Would it be to my advantage? Any tips help.
Thanks!

·
Registered
26,916 Posts
If you plan on keeping the sway bar on the Jeep, then yes. You need longer links to correct the geometry of the swaybar. Most YJ guys just take their swaybars off though. YMMV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just not safe on roads at higher speeds man.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
It's a matter of preference. If you personally don't feel like it's safe off, that's all that matters. You'll have to find out yourself. I suggest a set of quick disconnects.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. i think ill stick with the disconnects. i dont feel like getting used to driving without a sway bar.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Get the JKS Quicker Disconnects. Awesome product and simple to use - it will require you to weld on a tab but it's totally worth the trouble

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Easy as removing the bolts from the old links and putting the new ones on. PB Blaster and a wrench or impact...done. I forget what the torque specs are, it's been a while, but don't crush the bushings and put poly bushing lube/grease on them before you bolt em in so they don't run "dry". You can get poly bushing lube from parts stores.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Get the JKS Quicker Disconnects. Awesome product and simple to use - it will require you to weld on a tab but it's totally worth the trouble
What welding? If you mean the pin to put the disconnects on when they arent connected? They are just drilled and tapped in. I guess you could weld them in too! :punk:

Oh, and gentry they are really fast. Idk about the RE but these you just flip the pin, pull, slide the bar off and replace the pin and the disconnect on the included post that you put on the frame then BAM!

And re do that to connect them. And if you plan on lifting or going higher go with the JKS 2.5"- 6" ones, they are adjustable with simply spinning them then tightening down the bolt. They 2.5" ones will fit on stock suspension too. Its worth the little extra money!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again, Tarby! I just might look into those.
One more obvious question, how do they work for ya?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Awesome. Since they have dual clips to pin them together, you don't have to be on perfectly level ground when you re-attach them to get back on the road. Also, when you disconnect them, you can remove the whole center tube from the ends...that way you don't have the extra parts hanging down and clanking away under your rig...and they stay clean to put em back on. Totally happy with these. Much better than the one's on my wife's tj...these came with it
and are a PITA...and they are like $118. Waste...RE's are less expensive and easier to hook/release.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, IndyJeepMan. I guess i'll have to compare & contrast the RE's to the JKS's myself. But thank you for the advice.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Its quite a price difference for sure, but it depends on how much you'll use em I guess. Both companies have great rep and great products. I don't have any hands on info for the RE's but the JKS are heavy duty, have zirk grease points and have really good hardware and are nice and easy and don't hang down! But the RE design is also nice!

·
Trail Mom
2,864 Posts
ORO SwayLOC here.
It IS quick, just the flick of a lever but it's not cheap! Worth every penny though. It's one of the top two mods I have done to my Jeep.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
ORO SwayLOC here.
It IS quick, just the flick of a lever but it's not cheap! Worth every penny though. It's one of the top two mods I have done to my Jeep.
Holy Jesus! I thought my $146 dollar JKS disconnects were expensive I could buy like four of mine! and almost two Anti-Rocks for that! lol. Nice idea though, I've heard they are sweet!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts