Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are people doing for sway bar disconnects when you install a front track bar bracket? I have a ProRock 44 and did the Evo Track Bar bracket. There is no way a disconnect will work in that small space.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Can you post a pic showing the problematic area ?

·
Super Moderator
22,058 Posts
jks has the short disco pin that goes on the passenger side that should work.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
You might want to perhaps ditch that EVO bracket, Synergy has a bracket that will fit your PR44, and allow you to use pretty much any disco on the passenger side, but the bracket has to be welded. Contact Northridge 4x4 or Synergy for details.

Here is the best description i've found for your problem with pics.

Draglink Flip (PR44) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

You can see in this pictures for example how the sway bar link is repositioned with the bolt-on Synergy bracket, but i don't know if this bracket in specific will fit your PR44.

http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Jeep-JK-Front-Track-Bar-Relocation-Bracket-p-16402.html

·
Registered
474 Posts
Are you sure you can't squeeze a jks in there?

I have a poly tb mount that has a raised position for the sway link.

Maybe just a small tab on each side raising the sb mount?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was my first option but I haven't gotten good enough with my welder that I trust myself to install it. So the bolt-on Evo bracket was $130 vs paying $500 for the Synergy installed.

You might want to perhaps ditch that EVO bracket, Synergy has a bracket that will fit your PR44, and allow you to use pretty much any disco on the passenger side, but the bracket has to be welded. Contact Northridge 4x4 or Synergy for details.

Here is the best description i've found for your problem with pics.

Draglink Flip (PR44) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

You can see in this pictures for example how the sway bar link is repositioned with the bolt-on Synergy bracket, but i don't know if this bracket in specific will fit your PR44.

SYNERGY MANUFACTURINGÂ*::Â*Jeep JKÂ*::Â*Synergy Jeep JK Front Track Bar Relocation Bracket

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
That was my first option but I haven't gotten good enough with my welder that I trust myself to install it. So the bolt-on Evo bracket was $130 vs paying $500 for the Synergy installed.
See the other Synergy bracket, the bolt-on one i posted, which is the same jeepjk1968 has posted, call Synergy and see if that will work with your PR44, $135, and look in the pic how the sway bar links sits in that one.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See the other Synergy bracket, the bolt-on one i posted, which is the same jeepjk1968 has posted, call Synergy and see if that will work with your PR44, $135, and look in the pic how the sway bar links sits in that one.
Unfortunately, it doesn't!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is there a reason you don't just use the Rubicon disconnect? With those longer links you'll get plenty of flex and you won't have to worry about physically disconnecting. If you don't like the safety limitations you could always convert it to a manual disconnect with a EVO no-limits or the like.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there a reason you don't just use the Rubicon disconnect? With those longer links you'll get plenty of flex and you won't have to worry about physically disconnecting. If you don't like the safety limitations you could always convert it to a manual disconnect with a EVO no-limits or the like.
I'd prefer to be able to maximize flex when running blacks and reds. I know the stock system works well, but manually disconnecting them is better. Up until this point, I have been using the stock systems but with my new lift and 37s I'd like to get the most I can.

·
Super Moderator
22,058 Posts
I'd prefer to be able to maximize flex when running blacks and reds. I know the stock system works well, but manually disconnecting them is better. Up until this point, I have been using the stock systems but with my new lift and 37s I'd like to get the most I can.
I used to think the same but much to my chagrin I was proven wrong. If your links are long enough the rubicon disco will provide maximum flex.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm having a similar issue but with my antirock sway the bottom that goes to the sway tab won't fit between the synergy welded bracket on pr44 and sway bat tab. What do you guys recommend me doing to fix issues?

Sorry I don't mean to highjack your post
That sucks. Only thing I can think of is to get a different style link. One with a bolt-through connection.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts