Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna out quick disconnects on my sway bar, just wasn't sure if there's a certain brand or anything y'all would suggest?

·
Registered
124 Posts
JKS makes a great product. One caution though....learn from my wife and use a hammer "tap" them off the mounting points when you are removing them. She grabbed one and removed it while it was under tension and the Spring "bit" her when it dropped! No stiiches but a nasty looking wound on her finger.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Does someone make just the studs and pins that replace the factory bolts. Maybe it's just me but the sway bar disconnect kits seem way over priced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a couple clevis pins, washers, and retaining pins from Menards that work great, for under $10

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does someone make just the studs and pins that replace the factory bolts. Maybe it's just me but the sway bar disconnect kits seem way over priced.
that's exactly what I was thinkin haha after looking around I was like, nope. I don't want em that damn bad lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
Metalcloak quick discos here. Almost half the price of the JKS.

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
I ran Teraflex disconnects. Worked great. Teraflex and Synergy both sell just the mounting hardware.

-Dan

·
Registered
223 Posts
I ran Teraflex disconnects. Worked great. Teraflex and Synergy both sell just the mounting hardware.

-Dan
The issue with the pin hardware kits is they are bigger than the stock bolt size so they only fit the teraflex and synergy swaybar links. They are made to upgrade your aftermarket non quick disco links.

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
The issue with the pin hardware kits is they are bigger than the stock bolt size so they only fit the teraflex and synergy swaybar links. They are made to upgrade your aftermarket non quick disco links.
That, and they are still pretty expensive if your intention is to avoid the cost of swaybar disconnects.

-Dan

·
Registered
249 Posts
I made my own for free with stuff in the garage. No way in hell im paying $50+ for the equivalent of a broken swaybar link

·
Registered
317 Posts
So this weekend I finally had time to take the jeep wheeling. I used a right angle cordless impact wrench (which i will always have with me when wheeling anyway) and a box wrench. It took no time (like 15 seconds per side) to remove the bottom swaybar bolts. I then ziptied the swaybar and swaybar link to the frame on each side, this took the longest and would be done anyway. I can't see how it would have been any faster to unhook disconnect pins. I my plan is to save my money and just unbolt them when I go wheeling.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
So this weekend I finally had time to take the jeep wheeling. I used a right angle cordless impact wrench (which i will always have with me when wheeling anyway) and a box wrench. It took no time (like 15 seconds per side) to remove the bottom swaybar bolts. I then ziptied the swaybar and swaybar link to the frame on each side, this took the longest and would be done anyway. I can't see how it would have been any faster to unhook disconnect pins. I my plan is to save my money and just unbolt them when I go wheeling.
Also gives you something to do while waiting for the tires to inflate when you're done for the day. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts