Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have had a 2015 JK for a couple of months now. I was noticing a creaking noise coming from the front end when taking off from a stop. I tracked the noise to where the sway bar connects to the end link. I took one off and I noticed there is no bushing there. I also noticed that the hole in the end of the sway bar is bigger that the bolt at the top of the end link. It's this really how it was designed? This is my first Jeep but, not my first 4x4. Every other vehicle I've owned had rubber, or poly urethane, bushings where the sway bar and end link connect. I Googled sway bar bushings and parts for my Jeep and, it appears that no such bushings exist.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Bill. It just seems that the hole in the end of the sway bar is a little large for the diameter of the bolt. I torqued it down pretty good but, I still have a little squeak. Here is a picture of what I'm used to seeing there.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,694 Posts
Thank you Bill. It just seems that the hole in the end of the sway bar is a little large for the diameter of the bolt. I torqued it down pretty good but, I still have a little squeak. Here is a picture of what I'm used to seeing there.

I'm with ya. Are you sure the squeak is coming from there? Might as well check tops and bottoms of both sides. Is all suspension stock?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I think the suspension is stock. I'm about as sure you can be buying a two year old used vehicle. It's a "Willy's" edition which I think means it comes with a stronger axle than a Sport. I'm not sure what the other differences are, besides the 255/75/17 MT tires.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The main squeak/creak culprit is, at least in my case, the bushings at the sides that hold the sway bar to the underbody with brackets. Take the bushings out - simple two brackets with two bolts each - lubricate inside and out with synthetic lubricant and install them back. Torque at 45 ft. lb. Did it last week. No more creak. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts