Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 jeep installing budget boost on saturday. Kit only came with 2" lift spacers. Will I need sway bar extensions? Or anything additional. I read online that once you go above 2" lift you need them then. Hopefully I can still install the lift tomorrow!
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I would think you would need them. I just installed a Teraflex leveling kit which is 2" in the front and it had longer sway bar links.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Move the rears to the front and get longer ones for the rear.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Why wouldn't you put the longer ones up front? I just did the leveling kit last weekend and put the new tf link up front

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Why wouldn't you put the longer ones up front? I just did the leveling kit last weekend and put the new tf link up front
The stock rears are longer than the stock fronts so for a 2" lift you replace the fronts with the rears and get longer ones for the rear.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
...and just then, he heard a loud, metallic snapping sound from the garage.

Kidding. :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
SilverSport said:
The stock rears are longer than the stock fronts so for a 2" lift you replace the fronts with the rears and get longer ones for the rear.
Ok so put the rear factory links in front and the new TF links in the rear?

·
Registered
325 Posts
if you already have longer ones, the TF links, than puut them in the front. I would bet SilverSport was saying for folks that do not have any aftermarket links, place rears up front and replace the rear.

Although I might be wrong.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Jeep757 said:
So what's the advantage of having the factory rear links up front and the tf links in back
That they are long enough to handle the extra lift, if you compare the stock rear vs the stock front you are looking at about 3 in difference

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The advantage is you are only buying one pair of links. (by putting stock rears on front)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quick Disconnects

When I put on my lift I went with front sway bar disconnects. I didn't realize the difference they would make on the trail. They really allow the front axle to adjust to the terrain. I was impressed.

You may want to consider disconnects if you are taking your Jeep off road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.