Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 jeep installing budget boost on saturday. Kit only came with 2" lift spacers. Will I need sway bar extensions? Or anything additional. I read online that once you go above 2" lift you need them then. Hopefully I can still install the lift tomorrow!
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
26,923 Posts
Why wouldn't you put the longer ones up front? I just did the leveling kit last weekend and put the new tf link up front
The stock rears are longer than the stock fronts so for a 2" lift you replace the fronts with the rears and get longer ones for the rear.

·
Registered
327 Posts
if you already have longer ones, the TF links, than puut them in the front. I would bet SilverSport was saying for folks that do not have any aftermarket links, place rears up front and replace the rear.

Although I might be wrong.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The advantage is you are only buying one pair of links. (by putting stock rears on front)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quick Disconnects

When I put on my lift I went with front sway bar disconnects. I didn't realize the difference they would make on the trail. They really allow the front axle to adjust to the terrain. I was impressed.

You may want to consider disconnects if you are taking your Jeep off road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.