Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Teraflex S/T sway bar system and for some reason it isn't center. On the drivers side the sway bar arm sits directly above the axle mount for the end link, but on the passenger side the arm is about an inch and a half to the inside. The system was on the Jeep when I bought it so I have no clue if it's installed correctly. Is there a way to adjust them or is it not a big deal?

The second issue is with my steering binding up at random. It only happens when I'm turning right, it binds up then there is an extremely loud bang then it loosens up. It only happens sometimes.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dang, sorry about the sideways pictures!

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
I tried to see what you are talking about, but I think you need to post better pics of your links and steering components.

·
Registered
280 Posts
THREAD HIJACK ALERT!!!

I installed an 8.8 on my 97 Sahara. It is about 3" to the passenger side( the pumpkin). Is this a concern or normal with 8.8 swaps?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,633 Posts
THREAD HIJACK ALERT!!!

I installed an 8.8 on my 97 Sahara. It is about 3" to the passenger side( the pumpkin). Is this a concern or normal with 8.8 swaps?
It is normal for an 8.8 pumpkin to be offset when compared to a TJ's t-case output shaft. If it is the axle itself that is off to the side, you need to adjust your track bar's length.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Looks like the sway bar has shifted to the driver side in the frame bushings? Is it the stock sway bar?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The pictures are of the sway bar arms in relation to the frame. The axle is center. I tried to move the sway bar back and forth but it has no side to side movement. It's not a stock sway bar, it's a Teraflex S/T.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just ordered all new ball joints for the steering, it all seems pretty loose. Hopefully that solves the binding.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Its not uncommon for the swaybar to slide over. (I don't know about the Teraflex) Usually the cause is worn out bushings on the frame. You can install new bushings or some people install collars on the sway bar against the bushings. Loosen the bushing, move the bar over and retighten.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,633 Posts
Keep in mind the antiswaybar was designed to be able to slide a tad left/right to follow the axle as it moves left/right as it moves up/down. To me, it's a bad idea to try to hold the antiswaybar rigidly in place with a pair of bushings when the stock links are still installed which aren't all that flexible side-to-side.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's nowhere near a stock sway bar though. It has a nob on the side you turn to unlock one side from the other for wheeling instead of the quick disconnects.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts