Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched but didn't see what I was looking for so her goes. I have TF quick disconnects, driver side is fine easy on still a little tough to get off but only had them a month. Passenger side however needs a pry bar to come off. Also to park the sway bar it takes some extra froce to move the driver side past the rounded frame tube end, it seems to barely catch. How do I know if my sway bar is bent or just off center or if it's a problem with the TF kit?

·
Registered
489 Posts
It's a problem with the TF kit. Neither side of mine fit at all and ended up exchanging them for JKS. But ultimately I just ended up taking the sway bar completely off because I think it drives fine without it.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I carry a long screwdriver with me at all times, and i use it to pry on the coil spring mounts against the sway bar links, to get get then on or off. After a while and usage, the bushings will stretch just enough that you should be able to get the links out/in with your hands.
also it helps a lot to park the jeep in a flat surface, before disconnecting or reconnecting, especially for reconnecting the links in the posts.

I had to shave the rounded things on both sides of the frame to get the links to swing in/out freely, and also the tabs close to them, highlighted below

22917683660_4364b6da2c_o by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

22585044054_632049e5f6_o by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had it parked in my garage and on the driver side a little grease and working it on off it's fine just the passenger side that's giving me fits going on or off. Could it be the post or something? It just don't make sense to me that one side is easy and the opposite is a pita. Also something I forgot to mention I greased the post to attach last night but after sliding the link on and off you couldn't even tell it was greased.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I think that's how it is with this links :)
Check my short clip here, the driver side was already in, the passenger doesn't seem to fit straight in the post, i have to pull on the link just slightly to align it, then push it it. this is a pita when the bushing are brand new, and the reason i needed to do this prying the link with a long screwdriver. i still have the screwdriver for the just in case, when the surface is not completely flat, and i need to put more force to push the links in place.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6jHzL1BTjo

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok that's what was happening to me last night I guess I'll give it some more break in time and see if that helps. Thanks for all the help I appreciate it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found having someone put some weight on the side you are having trouble with helps to line it up and then slide right on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ditto to the tight disconnects of the sway bar. We have to carry a long screwdriver also like rmswrangler. And someone told us about adding weight to the side that you are having problems connecting. That's usually my duty.

I think it was last weekend when hubby slimmed down the washers, to make it a little easier to connect/disconnect. It's usually a wrestling session, made not fun on a muddy or rocky ground. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts