Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thank you all in advance..installed a 3.25 Zone lift kit on my 2014 JKU since that it has been issues after issues already replace my track bar and centered the front differential. My driver side front coil keeps hitting one of the steering box bolts and now my sway bar its hitting the same coil....need help its driving me nuts.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Can you take a picture of your swaybar from the side? We need to see the angle of your swaybar in relation to the ground. You want it to be at about +10°, so if you haven't replaced your swaybar links, you are going to need longer ones

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be taking the front wheels off to get a better look at it on Wednesday. I will take some pics.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
I just went and measured my swaybar links on my RK 2.5 inch X factor lift. I probably noted somewhere around 3 to 3.5 inches of lift and my links are ~12" long. So I would expect your swaybar links to be at least an inch longer and if they're not you need something longer. The longer links should raise your swaybar up and back away from your coils. I happen to use JKS quick disconnects on my Jeep.....quality product, easy to remove when I'm going off-road, and adjustable length. Just get the right ones for your size lift.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
one of the first pics the spring looks bowed towards the sway bar. something just looks weird with that. did you put the isolator back in on top of the spring? is it oriented the way it was before? should be depressions in it. what about the bottom of the spring, is it seated correctly? end of spring sitting against notch?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
one of the first pics the spring looks bowed towards the sway bar. something just looks weird with that. did you put the isolator back in on top of the spring? is it oriented the way it was before? should be depressions in it. what about the bottom of the spring, is it seated correctly? end of spring sitting against notch?
agreed, something is weird with that spring. the passenger side looks fine, but i would bet that the drivers side spring is not sitting properly on the upper isolator.

EDIT: maybe the spring itself was manufactured wrong? maybe try swapping the springs from one side to the other, see if it changes anything?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts