Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. 97,XXX miles.
6 months ago my sway bar links went.
I replaced them with Crown Automotive sway bar links which I found on Quadratec.
6 months later (current day) the new ones go..BUT..
..it is the torque bolt that goes through the loop at the bottom of the sway bar link that snapped while I was going over a speed bump..
So I was wondering if anyone thinks I could have another issue going on which caused stress on the bolt and caused it to snap...OR..
could I have just had bad luck and got a bad bolt? Is Crown Automotive a good brand? And does anyone know of a brand of sway bar links that have zerk fittings on them? Not sure if I spelled that right. But thank you for your time.

·
Registered
459 Posts
IMO crown is cheap crap. Do you off-road on un-even terrain much? If so you may want to consider sway bar disconnects or a softer sway bar like currie's anti-rock sway bar.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I am super happy with my Zone Sway Bar links. They have poly fittings so no ball joint to worry about wearing out or greasing. I have the standard 0 - 2" ones.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I am super happy with my Zone Sway Bar links. They have poly fittings so no ball joint to worry about wearing out or greasing. I have the standard 0 - 2" ones.
Same here. Went through several sets of factory type links. Replaced them with zone, then replaced the lower bolt with a modified one to make disconnects.

ForumRunner_20150224_205103.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IMO crown is cheap crap. Do you off-road on un-even terrain much? If so you may want to consider sway bar disconnects or a softer sway bar like currie's anti-rock sway bar.
Thank you lol I figured it was cheap crap after I did some looking around. Yeah I go on some local trails and I go on the beach every now and then plus my neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods are riddled with pot holes. I honestly didn't think of a softer sway bar so I am going to look into that and I have wanted to do the sway bar disconnects. I am also looking to put a small lift on it ..nothing crazy but I want to do it right. I am trying to avoid sky jacker. Should I just do my research or can you recommend some reputable brands I can look in to?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Should I just do my research or can you recommend some reputable brands I can look in to?
Do lots of research, here and other forums. One of the stickies in the tech section here is lift kit reviews. Honest opinions of Jeepers that have installed and wheeled different set ups.
Zone has developed a solid reputation here as pretty decent components with entry level prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts