Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at some Quick Disconnect Sway bar links for my JK, but I was wondering, has anybody ever used the existing links and stuck a pin through them. I was wondering if it would be safe, and I really don't see why it wouldn't. Just trying to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
I've been looking at some Quick Disconnect Sway bar links for my JK, but I was wondering, has anybody ever used the existing links and stuck a pin through them. I was wondering if it would be safe, and I really don't see why it wouldn't. Just trying to save a few bucks.
Yep....my son has done and my buddy. There is a write up on it on here....look under cheap mods.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Get a new bolt similar to whats on there, drill a hole through it, washer, cotter pin or something similar and done. Know couple people who did it and have been running that way for years with no issue. Just need the small bungies, zip ties to tie them up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a new bolt similar to whats on there, drill a hole through it, washer, cotter pin or something similar and done. Know couple people who did it and have been running that way for years with no issue. Just need the small bungies, zip ties to tie them up
Thanks a lot! I never thought to do it like that. I was just going to find a big pin to use as the bolt, but that way seems a lot safer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts