Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is at least the millionth lift kit question but I can't seem I find my answer. I'm going to self install a rancho 2 inch sport suspension kit with the 9000xl on my stock 2010 2door mountain. I'm going to be running factory wheels and tires, maybe upgrading the tire to 33'' someday. Do I need anything else that doesn't come in the kit... Swaybar links etc.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes you do! I would buy a drop pitman arm. They don't come with the kit. Grease your bushings when you install. Or face unrelenting squeaking. Oh and be sure when ur putting it together, don't tighten anything down till you have it on the ground. Or it will bind up on you

·
Super Moderator
22,058 Posts
I would not do a drop pitman arm on a 2" lift. I would however get longer sway bar links JKS adjustable quick discos would be a good choice.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Yes you do! I would buy a drop pitman arm. They don't come with the kit. Grease your bushings when you install. Or face unrelenting squeaking. Oh and be sure when ur putting it together, don't tighten anything down till you have it on the ground. Or it will bind up on you
4 in lift is the minimum I'd do a drop pitman arm for.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
From HERE on swaybar end links.

Swaybar end links: most smaller lifts sold, only include longer rears. The stock rears are used in the front. The swaybar itself should be parallel to the ground at ride height +/- a few degrees. If running a longer shock you run the risk of inverting the links and causing damage. Plus drivability will suffer not extending the links. Quick disconnects are obviously another option.

Depends on the end result. I'm guessing the fronts will have to be extended. A set of factory rears in length will work fine.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
From HERE on swaybar end links.

Swaybar end links: most smaller lifts sold, only include longer rears. The stock rears are used in the front. The swaybar itself should be parallel to the ground at ride height +/- a few degrees. If running a longer shock you run the risk of inverting the links and causing damage. Plus drivability will suffer not extending the links. Quick disconnects are obviously another option.

Depends on the end result. I'm guessing the fronts will have to be extended. A set of factory rears in length will work fine.
^This. Leveling my front swaybar made a big difference in ride quality.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the info. So I'm going to get rear extension links and use the rears up front. Any suggestions on a company thats good for a 2 inch lift. Trying to keep it cheap without sacrificing the ride and performance

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Thank you for the info. So I'm going to get rear extension links and use the rears up front. Any suggestions on a company thats good for a 2 inch lift. Trying to keep it cheap without sacrificing the ride and performance
Stock or crown (autozon, parts America, napa)
Look through the classifieds for stock takeoffs. I can't see somebody asking a lot for them. Maybe free.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quick question if Im doing a 2 inch lift can I get and use a rear sway bar for 2.3/3.5 half inch lift? Then use the factory rear up front?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So the fact that it links says it for a 2.5-3.5 and I'm only doing a 2" lift won't matter? I just don't want it the be too long

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
So the fact that it links says it for a 2.5-3.5 and I'm only doing a 2" lift won't matter? I just don't want it the be too long
The stock front end links are 5.25" long. If you lift the vehicle 2" then I would think you would need end links around 7.25" or 7.5" long. The rear end links are 9" long. NAPA make a 7.5" end link and Spohn Performance make an end link for a 0-2" lift.
http://www.spohn.net/shop/Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Unlimited-4-Door/Suspension-Lift-Kits/Sway-Bars-End-Links/Adjustable-Front-Sway-Bar-End-Links-0-2-Lift.html

·
Super Moderator
22,058 Posts
I have a 2" lift and stock rear links put my sway bar perfectly level. They are readily available as take offs for dirt cheap. Stock sway bar links work with my 2" lift. I have had mine fully flexed disconnected many times with no issues front or rear.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
The Teraflex 2" spacer lift kit comes with replacement end links. I contacted Teraflex and they said that the end links in their kit are 8.5" center to center and you can buy just those end links by themselves. The part number is 753006 and they cost around $29 each.

·
Super Moderator
22,058 Posts
The Teraflex 2" spacer lift kit comes with replacement end links. I contacted Teraflex and they said that the end links in their kit are 8.5" center to center and you can buy just those end links by themselves. The part number is 753006 and they cost around $29 each.
I got a set of those when I installed my TF performance coil kit and I they lasted no time at all the bushings suck. I replaced them with JKS links and they were 100X better made.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I got a set of those when I installed my TF performance coil kit and I they lasted no time at all the bushings suck. I replaced them with JKS links and they were 100X better made.
Those JKS end links look long. Do they work with a 2" lift? The JKS web site says that you need a 3"- 6" lift for those end links.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts