Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im wanting to longer sway bar links on my jeep. Not really needing disconnects dont do a whole lot of flexing. I have 3.5" lift with the stock sway bar links on there. I was wondering if i could just cut them about an inch under the bends and get some maybe like 1/4" wall tubing with the hole the same size as the diameter as the sway bar link weld the ends back on and just extend them like 3"s or so???? has anyone done this???? how did you do it???? Do you think my idea would work????

·
account closed
417 Posts
Haven't done it but there's no reason you cant. There there to keep you from having a lot of "body roll" i guess you would say and you wouldn't want them to break going around a turn at 50mph. Keep that in mind. It just makes for a more floaty ride in turns and increases your chance of getting out of control. They keep the SWAY down in turns. You will only notice there gone when you go around a corner at moderate to high speed. Many will argue it makes for an unsafe vehicle, cant say I disagree with that if its a DD.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John412 said:
Haven't done it but there's no reason you cant. There there to keep you from having a lot of "body roll" i guess you would say and you wouldn't want them to break going around a turn at 50mph. Keep that in mind. It just makes for a more floaty ride in turns and increases your chance of getting out of control. They keep the SWAY down in turns. You will only notice there gone when you go around a corner at moderate to high speed. Many will argue it makes for an unsafe vehicle, cant say I disagree with that if its a DD.
So pretty much I better hope its a good solid weld.

Sent from my thread killing droid!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts