Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to get some feedback on sway bar links. I have a JKUR, but would like to try quick disconnects again after inverting my sway bar and trying to bend one of my links into a "C". I am running 2.5" Rock Krawler lift and I tried there links with the quick disconnect initially but I hated the clicking noise it made seemingly at every start/stop.

I assume someone out there is running the JKS Quick Disconnects 2.5 - 6 in (p/n 2034)? Does this link click? I assume this would be the correct length for my lift?

I also see that perhaps Rock Krawler updated there quick disconnect (p/n RK04771K). Anyone running this part and care to comment?

Other recommendations welcome...

TIA

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I don't notice any noise from the jks links, same ones on rk 2.5 coils. I put steinjagger links on my stock jk since they were half the price and will be replaced in a year or 2 when the stock ko2s wear out at which point I'll lift it, they are very noisy under 40mph but noise is non-existent over 40mph.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I have many miles on jks quick discos and no clinking or clanking. keep them greased and they should last forever.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went with the JKS quick disconnects.. very happy with the purchase and definitely see where this design is huge improvement over what I had.

·
Registered
647 Posts
another vote for the JKS.
sturdy design, easy use, longevity, and, I've never heard a noise out of them.
I say longevity, because I had a set on my XJ for 15 years, gease them from time to time and carry on.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
JKS quick discos. I also have a RK 2.5" lift on a Rubi HR JKU, but JKS for the ease of use. I found that my X-factor lift flex was limited when just pressing the electronic disco button.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts