Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the Rock Krawler Disconnects. Supposed to be for Lifts from 1.5" to 5.5". My lift is sitting at 3.25" in the front. I have the disconnects about at short as they will go. Does the sway bar look ok in this shot? Its a good bit higher than it was with the fixed sway bar links that went with the lift.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have mine at 12" eye to eye on my RK 2.5 lift. Check the angle 0 degrees to like 8 I think is good. Can even use app on phone to do it. Mine are more since my bumpstops are small and I looped them shorter

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I'm about to install the same disconnects. I'm at about 2" of lift in the front. My current links are 9" in length and the Rock Krawler disconnects are 9.5" minimum. My sway bar currently angles up at about 6 degrees. I suspect it will be 10 degrees or more after throwing the Rock Krawler links on there.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume 0 +/- 5 degrees from the "flat part" of the sway bar, right where it connects to the link?

And this pictures reminds me I need to flip the bolts to the correct way on the upper side. Had to reverse with stock wheels, as it was too close. But, now that my aftermarket ones are on, with better backspacing, need to fix before wheeling.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
I assume 0 +/- 5 degrees from the "flat part" of the sway bar, right where it connects to the link?

And this pictures reminds me I need to flip the bolts to the correct way on the upper side. Had to reverse with stock wheels, as it was too close. But, now that my aftermarket ones are on, with better backspacing, need to fix before wheeling.
I would run +10 degrees. I have a 2.5" RK X-factor lift and never use my electronic swaybar disconnect......I bent a swaybar link when it was slightly higher then parallel and I was E-disco'd. I just take off my swaybar quick disconnects now.

Bent link:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just installed the Rock Krawler Disconnects. Supposed to be for Lifts from 1.5" to 5.5". My lift is sitting at 3.25" in the front. I have the disconnects about at short as they will go. Does the sway bar look ok in this shot? Its a good bit higher than it was with the fixed sway bar links that went with the lift.

Your sway bar links are far too short. While a level sway bar is optimal in most applications, Jeep suspension droops farther than it compresses and we need to account for that in the sway bar. For an optimal Jeep setup, we recommend your sway bar be sitting at an angle of 10 degrees. Looking at your photos, it would seem that your end links need to be lengthened by about 1.5 inches.

Thanks for choosing RK

AC

·
Registered
702 Posts
Your sway bar links are far too short. While a level sway bar is optimal in most applications, Jeep suspension droops farther than it compresses and we need to account for that in the sway bar. For an optimal Jeep setup, we recommend your sway bar be sitting at an angle of 10 degrees. Looking at your photos, it would seem that your end links need to be lengthened by about 1.5 inches.

Thanks for choosing RK

AC
So you are saying a lifted jeep droops more than a stock jeep suspension?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks for choosing RK

AC

That makes WAY more sense given that I could not make them any smaller. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanks for choosing RK

AC
One other quick question, what is the suggested method for preventing rust when drilling the wholes for attaching the straps that hold the swaybar disconnect?

I apologize for all the questions, my box did not have instructions included in it, nor could I find them on the website. Only thing I found was a couple pages in a the instructions for full lifts.

As a side note, your lift options look wonderful. I see some lower control arms for the front in my future.

·
Registered
62 Posts
For the strap that holds it when disconnected, I just used a nut-sert. It's like a rivet with a threaded hole in the center so you can bolt on something when you can't reach the back to put a nut on.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Anyone have a photo using the sway bar straps? could never figure it out . Lol, i think i placed them too far away or something...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
A photo is shown on our website here:

Sway Bar Straps

Hope that helps.

-Adam C
Ah that makes sense. Last time i checked was with the older version of the site , Idont recall seeing that photo.
Ill have to order another set since one decided it wanted to go its own way on the freeway lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Going through old threads looking for swaybar discos and like these ones. Can any one tell me if they will work for a stock height JK? The web sight says 1.5 to 5.5 but hoping someone has experience on stock height. Also northrigde has them on sale for prime day!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Going through old threads looking for swaybar discos and like these ones. Can any one tell me if they will work for a stock height JK? The web sight says 1.5 to 5.5 but hoping someone has experience on stock height. Also northrigde has them on sale for prime day!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They would definitely be too long for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts