Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have a few trips on my new jeep and im not liking it when disconnected. I like how smooth it gets but not how much i roll. My jeep doesnt have a rear sway bar tho. I am now on 37's and i added a 2" coil lift to my 4.5" RE LA lift. I will be taking to coil lift off asap and just trimming the fenders more. I get great down flex so im ok with limiting the up travel more if needed.

I want to run currie antirock or something else. Should i get the front 1st or the rear?

In the picture i had the rear coil lift on and not the front. The front now matches the rear but i will be taking the coil lift off this week (4.5" is more then enough for me)

Attachments

Vendor
I now have a few trips on my new jeep and im not liking it when disconnected. I like how smooth it gets but not how much i roll. My jeep doesnt have a rear sway bar tho. I am now on 37's and i added a 2" coil lift to my 4.5" RE LA lift. I will be taking to coil lift off asap and just trimming the fenders more. I get great down flex so im ok with limiting the up travel more if needed.

I want to run currie antirock or something else. Should i get the front 1st or the rear?

In the picture i had the rear coil lift on and not the front. The front now matches the rear but i will be taking the coil lift off this week (4.5" is more then enough for me)
Most of us run the stock rear sway bar connected, even off road. It provides the stability you're missing and doesn't limit flex enough that it's an issue for most. I would start by adding that back in and then get an Anti-Rock for the front if you want to do that. Let me know what questions you have!

-Ryan

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My jeep has the Rubicon Express long arm kit. It looks like they cut the mounts off for he stock sway bar. I will take a closer look at that section this week. Would i not be better off just getting an antirock in the rear? Or does it not make that much of a difference?

Knows a couple things...
First, install some kind of a rear antiswaybar. They don't limit useful rear axle flex. Next don't drive on the street disconnected up front. Coil spring suspensions aren't stable enough for that like leaf spring suspensions are. Then, what shocks are you running? Some shocks simply aren't up to tall suspension lifts.

Registered
AR Front and stock rear is a great combination.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Rubicon Express 4.5" lift shocks. I dont drive on the street disconnected (normally wont do it).

Where is a good place to buy a new rear stock sway bar? I will start looking in my area for one as well.

Registered
I would try a pull-it yard.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like i will be able to get the sway bar for 65$ with all hardware. Will the stock links work with a 4.5" lift kit? If not does anyone have a nice cheap way to make links?

Registered
Looks like i will be able to get the sway bar for 65$ with all hardware. Will the stock links work with a 4.5" lift kit? If not does anyone have a nice cheap way to make links?
I dont think the stock links will work. My 4.25" RE Lift has grey links like what the control arms were painted.

Knows a couple things...
I made longer rear antiswaybar links out of 1/2x20 threaded allrod from Home Depot and heim joints from my local surplus store, it was cheap and easy to do.

The stock rear antiswaybar link lengths are of course not optimal for a 4.5" lift but they will work until you can make some of the right length.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I loke your method.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts