Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, my front sway bar has fallen twice now, so that the bend is pushed down the opposite way. The picture is the first time and only the left side fell. The second time, both sides fell. Why is this happening?

ForumRunner_20150313_154441.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lifted with stock end links? Or do you have longer links on it? A side pic of it on level ground would help also.
4 inch lift. Just bought this jeep January 2nd...I'm a first time jeep owner. Yes, I'm a virgin. Already unhooked and out back together. I'm fairly sure it's a stock sway bar without longer links.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Needs longer links if it is lifted, especially 4 inches. The sway bar should be parallel to the ground or up to about 5 degrees or so pointed up.

·
Registered
387 Posts
You need longer front swaybar links to make the swaybar parallel to the ground. Currently you have stock links with the swaybar pointing down on any wheel downtravel the swaybar goes past the break angle (vertical) and attempts to rotate forward) not good

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Ok, so this will continue to happen unless I get longer links?
Yes, at the very minimum if cost is an issue you could try to find some stock rear links really cheap or free and put up there. They really aren't long enough either but would help. Some aftermarket adjustable or disconnects would really be the way to go though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, at the very minimum if cost is an issue you could try to find some stock rear links really cheap or free and put up there. They really aren't long enough either but would help. Some aftermarket adjustable or disconnects would really be the way to go though.
Thanks all! Price checked and they are not that expensive! Disconnects look good too...any brands you guys recommend?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'd take it real easy offroad until you've had a chance to check everything over. At this point it seems like you're just short on a few parts. If you're not careful you could do some damage. Seems like you could use some disconnects anyway.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
The sway bar links are easy to overlook when installing a lift but the previous owner may have done a hack job elsewhere too. With a 4" lift and stock links you are generating a lot of preload on the sway bar.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The sway bar links are easy to overlook when installing a lift but the previous owner may have done a hack job elsewhere too. With a 4" lift and stock links you are generating a lot of preload on the sway bar.
They might also be the only thing protecting his stock brake lines.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I have a 2" lift on my JKU and I had to buy new end links that are 8.5" long in order to get my sway bar level again. So, you need end links that are around 10.5" to 11" long for your 4" lift.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts