Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any one have any information on Jeep possibly fixing their sway bar problem? Mine has gone out twice costing a total of over $4,000 to fix. I tore into it again this past weekend and drained water out of the computer area and cleaned rust and grime out of the gear box. Between the sway bar and the death wobble I'm having doubts of ever buying a jeep again. I have a 2009 Wrangler Rubicon.

Thank you

This jeep is used only for everyday driving. It gets water in these areas from normal, everyday driving. We don't 4 wheel drive and its never been thru deep water.

·
Administrator
16,994 Posts
Your fix is $98.99 away.

The Factory Rubicon Swaybar Disconnect is a great feature but is prone to failure, shorting out and all around being annoying. The EVO NoLimits Manual Disconnect now allows you to defeat the overly troublesome computer system that operates this very cool feature that JK Rubicons come with.
https://www.quadratec.com/products/12250_0460_14.htm

Or since you don't 4 wheel remove it and replace with the standard non-rubi sway bar. Probably get one for close to free on craigslist.

Good luck :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
12,691 Posts
Too bad whoever charged him $2000.00 (twice) to fix his sway bar issue didn't tell him about the $99.00 fix.

Just another reason to be a supporting member of this forum.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
That is exactly what I did with my 09. I pulled it twice to clean it out and for all the time that I use it it made sense to swap the factory sway bar motor with the 1087. Also got a ProCal to turn off the sway bar light. I think that the J-scan app will do the same. It wasn't available when I did this last summer.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
The design and material of the stock sway bar disconnect is bad. Even with the $99 fix, the housing gets wallered out and the gear does not line up/move. Mine is so bad that even in the connected position, the bar has a lot of movement due to wear. This defeats the reason for having a sway bar, so I ride disconnected all the time. I am currently looking at this option for a replacement.
https://offroadonly.com/shop/steering/off-road-only-swayloc-for-jeep-wrangler-jk-lever-control/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts