Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am new to the Jeep world, and to the Wrangler Forum, my question is concerning sway bars, I believe the ones on my jeep (2002 TJ 4.0 auto.) are stock. I recently attended an off-road event where I won a $350.00 gift certificate for sway bars from Hellwig Products, I have no idea what to ask for, are there different bars for different applications and uses?
please help!!

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Never heard of them, but after looking at their website it looks like their sway bars are for GM trucks.

You don't need to replace your stock sway bars, look into sway bar disconnects (I like JKS) or if you want a performance off road unit, look at Currie anti rock sway bars.

EDIT: I see they have a TJ "long arm" sway bar coming soon. Don't know anything about it though, maybe some other guys here might.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,371 Posts
Hmmm.... that's a tough one, I'd probably try to sell it and use the $$$ for either Currie's Antirock front antiswaybar replacement or get quick disconnects for your existing front antiswaybar. In reality, both of the Wrangler Sport's rollbars are as good as you can get for a plain antiswaybar and you really wouldn't gain much with replacements from Hellwig. There would be a huge offroad benefit to Currie's Antirock antiswaybar system that lists for $399 but is available for a lot less through [email protected]/ who is a local wheeling dealer for Currie. Or use the $$$ for front antiswaybar quick disconnects like from JKS for offroad use which will disconnect the front factory antiswaybar to allow the front axle to more easily follow offroad terrain which benefits you with better traction. Which the Currie Antirock does too but in a far more complete and thorough manner. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts