Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I am trying to put on my lift kit and my sway bar links will not come out does anybody know the trick to it?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a 93 too... Soak the bolts top and bottom 3 times a day for a couple days and then they will crack. Use PB blaster. You'll have to use a big freakin hammer to bash them out after the bolts are out. There's no trick... Just muscle. If that doesn't work try heating it with a torch to break the rust.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I got it I just took the whole sway bar off an put it in the vise and beat the mess out of it for a few minutes.. Lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the nuts loose easy it was getting the bolt out of the sway bar that was hard but I got it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey also can someone tell me about the pitman arm I'm done working on it for the night so I was just reading ahead on the instructions and it looks kinda difficult.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I hear, but haven't done lift yet myself... but the pitman arm puller or cutting it off!! And a BFH!! I hear soaking/spraying ALL nuts/bolts days b4 is the trick. I'd like to see b4 and after pics as I am doing a 4 rc lift as well in the next month or so?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dedavis88 said:
I'll do my best with the pics. But how would I go about cutting it off?
A die grinder or an angle grinder with a cut off wheel. Pneumatic works the best. The pitman arm was hell to get off. I soaked it with penetrating oil, broke a puller, cut on it, heated it, then finally got it off with a BFH!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts