Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the diameter of the jk front swaybar? I can't find the information anywhere. All results are for rear swaybar, TJ sway bar ehich is 1 3/16", and aftermarket swaybars.

I don't know if there's a difference between the rubi and non ruby sway bar diameter. I have an 07 rubi.

The reason I ask is because my swaybar is hitting the round crossmember that sticks out past the front of the frame. I was gonna grind the tubes down but I've learned that those tubes are there to restrict excess lateral movement of the swaybar. I've read about people grinding the tubes down and the swaybar shifted over so much with nothing to stop it, thst it damaged the drag link and other parts.

Anyways, I want to put some clamp on shaft collars on both sides of the swaybar to prevent it from shifting side to side. I just need the correct inner diameter of the collars to match the swaybar diameter.

·
Super Moderator
22,471 Posts
That is not correct I have had 3 rubicons and cut every one flush and never had an issue. AEV tells you to cut them flush.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Why does it matter if the little circle hits the links?

·
Super Moderator
22,471 Posts
Why does it matter if the little circle hits the links?
does not hit the links it hits the swaybar when fully articulated .

·
Super Moderator
22,471 Posts

you can see that when not cut they will either prevent your swaybar from freely traveling up and that do not do anything to keep the sway bar in place if that makes sense.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Shouldn’t prevent articulation. My sway always rubs on the circle. Even on flat ground. Tops of my links flex up so high it hits my inner fender when going over obstacles. Wish I could give you the answer you need. But I don’t feel it’s a problem. But I’m sure it would be fine to grind them down a little.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Grind it down just enough to keep it from making contact but enough to offer protection from lateral movement. May take a few attempts to get it right.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Threw some shaft collars on to stop any lateral movement. Ground the tubes down. Might have to grind them down a bit more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts