Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

after installing the OME lift i have a new problem.
the swaybar moved a bit to the drivers side and now it rubs in some situations on the frame at the passengers side.
do you know this problem and is there a solution?

thanks in advance.
nicolas-eric :wavey:

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Did you ever flip them back around or are they still upside down?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
yeah it fixed it ...i would suggest gettin the powder coated ones mine rusted

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
just smack it with a hammer to line it back up untill you get some of those clamp things.

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Mine was rubbing, I just pushed it back over and no more rub. :D

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I kept pushing mine back over for like 3 months untill I got fed up and got those little clamps

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
today i pushed the swaybar back and now after 50 mls on the road it´s still on the same place. i think it only moves to the drivers side while flexing. but when i do that i disconnect most of the time.

i just wrote a mail to the german distributor of theses collars and asked what they will cost.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mine is offset but i believe mine is caused by the lift I didn't replace the trac bar yet. When I replace it it should go back.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
Looks to me like maybe your tire is hitting the sway bar. Check it out. If your tire comes into contact then of course it will move.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
I like red arrows. Red arrows are pretty.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks to me like maybe your tire is hitting the sway bar. Check it out. If your tire comes into contact then of course it will move.
the pic was from the 4x4xplor.com website. thatz´s not my jeeps swaybar. my tire doesn´t hit the swaybar.

today i ordered 2 of the collars from the website i posted above.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
When you put that OME kit in your front and rear both shifted to the right. The correct way to fix is with an adjustable track bar to recenter the axle. The OME also will settle maybe an inch but that may take a couple of weeks of driving it but the tracbar is a good idea anyway now that inchitis has struck :D

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the HD coils will sattle 1" inch? are you sure?
that meand i´ll need some spacers on top of the spings on the future.

now there is enough space for 35s (with modified bumpstops). if it will sag 1" i think 35s wouldn´t fit.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
How high was it when you first got the springs in ? after you jumped on the bumpers a few times to settle it in. Bet it was about 3.5-4.5 or so.
For an accurate measurement you usually take a before measurement from the center of the axles to the bottom edge of the fender flare then do the same afterwards.
XJ's rear leafs tend to settle 1.5" or thereabouts.
If yours settles more than you like just put a put a budget boost in to get 1-2" back..

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
when you buy quality OME products they don't sag that much. Maybe 1/4" at most. Leaf springs are a different animal over coil springs and they shouldn't be compared to each other. Adding a BB puck on top of the OME 2.5s and the OME trim packers is a dumb idea. ;)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
when you buy quality OME products they don't sag that much. Maybe 1/4" at most. Leaf springs are a different animal over coil springs and they shouldn't be compared to each other. Adding a BB puck on top of the OME 2.5s and the OME trim packers is a dumb idea. ;)

OK, I'll bite, whats a trim packer ?
The last 8 our club has done dropped an inch in about 2 weeks of daily driving, no big deal to me as they were an inch over what they were supposed to be as new. Thats not counting the ones we had to send back but that was just a bad one or two at most.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts