Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went from a 4 inch lift to a 2 inch . I have replaced all ball joints, drag link, tie rods. While driving on the highway or on a road I have a swaying back and forth. Like a snake. On the highway it will cause the track light to come on, the brake will pulsate . The sway bar link is sloppy. Will replacing the sway bar stop this?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Are your links re-adjusted and 'tight' for a 2 inch? Yes they should be tight. What you are describing sounds like NO sway bar links are on. Loose links should be making audible clunks over bumps

snap some pics of your front end

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the links is sloppy and I can shake it back and forth. Ordered a new one but was curious if that would fix the problem. Keep dumping money into this thing . Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,161 Posts
I would also make sure the new small lift was properly installed. What lift is it?
It could be poor installation.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I forgot to reconnect one of my front links and drove 300 miles and never even noticed it, just happened to see it while getting gas, I don't think that's your problem but idk, did u switch out a while kit or just springs?

·
Registered
353 Posts
When you went from a 4" lift to 2" lift did you make any changes to track bar brackets, adjustable track bar, steering configuration, e.g. did you have a high steer conversion? What parts did you change when going from 4" to 2"?

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I recently went from a 4 inch lift to a 2 inch . I have replaced all ball joints, drag link, tie rods. While driving on the highway or on a road I have a swaying back and forth. Like a snake. On the highway it will cause the track light to come on, the brake will pulsate . The sway bar link is sloppy. Will replacing the sway bar stop this?
Thanks
I doubt it's the sway bar. I have removed mine completely and I don't sway... or have track lights on for that matter.

Sway bars are kind of moot anyway on flat level surfaces. They only activate when there is a difference in spring compression on one side compared to the other. If you swerve hard you will activate the sway bar, but for the most part on straight, level surfaces the sway bar is irrelevant.

·
Super Moderator
5,161 Posts
I just drove back from wheeling this past weekend with the sway bar links disconnected. You could clearly tell it was disconnected, but it drove OK. Not as controlled as with the sway bar links hooked up, but it drove OK.
I also don't think it is your sway bar links. It sounds like it is something else. But I think more information is needed to figure out what.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts