Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sponsoring Vendor
553 Posts
That's awesome! My co-worker has a Silver JK and has been contemplating the switch to clear lenses to add these. I'll show him this tomorrow

Nick C.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bit of a noob here but just found this topic and want to do the same thing. Can I achieve this by buying some clear lenses for front and side turn signals, and then these signal LEDs pair with the resistor kit?

To install would I have to replace the bulb in the clear lenses with the LEDs ones and install the resistor kit in it? Are the resistors really easy to install?

Like these clear lenses from quadratec and then the LEDs linked from above.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
553 Posts
Bit of a noob here but just found this topic and want to do the same thing. Can I achieve this by buying some clear lenses for front and side turn signals, and then these signal LEDs pair with the resistor kit?

To install would I have to replace the bulb in the clear lenses with the LEDs ones and install the resistor kit in it? Are the resistors really easy to install?

Like these clear lenses from quadratec and then the LEDs linked from above.
I don't believe our current switchback models with fit the JK due to their overall length. So they aren't available at the moment

Otherwise, yes, you would just need clear lenses and switchback bulbs. In addition to resistors

Nick C.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't believe our current switchback models with fit the JK due to their overall length. So they aren't available at the moment

Otherwise, yes, you would just need clear lenses and switchback bulbs. In addition to resistors

Nick C.
Thanks for the info that helps. Did they work on this members JK because it was an 07-11 model or something?

·
Sponsoring Vendor
553 Posts
I think I linked the wrong LEDs in my first post I meant to link the Front Turn signal ones not the side ones. These are the correct ones. They say they're for 2007-2014, and I have a 2012 JKU.
The front turn signals can be swapped to clear lenses and you can install switchbacks in those

The sidemarkers, (194 bulb) can be swapped out with clear lens and white bulbs also

Our current switchback turn signals will not fit your application

Nick C.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The new HP24's are a little bit longer than the SMD/HP models we used to offer

Nick C.
The poster says he had SMD60s and the site linked is selling SMD27 - will those work if they're not the HP24s? (Sorry for the questions I'm just having a hard time grasping all of this.)

·
Sponsoring Vendor
553 Posts
The poster says he had SMD60s and the site linked is selling SMD27 - will those work if they're not the HP24s? (Sorry for the questions I'm just having a hard time grasping all of this.)
We discontinued the SMD60's

SMD27 is a single color bulb

HP24's (new switchbacks) are too long for the housings

Nick C.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Is there going to be any development to create shorter bulbs to market the Jeep JK community for the Turn Signal Switchbacks. As you can see there is much interest but I dont see the R&D happening to produce some that fit.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
553 Posts
Is there going to be any development to create shorter bulbs to market the Jeep JK community for the Turn Signal Switchbacks. As you can see there is much interest but I dont see the R&D happening to produce some that fit.
Our new switchbacks are considerably brighter than the previous models we offered, which also requires more heatshrink to ensure longevity and reliability.

We do have quite a few projects in the works right now, but I don't have an ETA on a shorter version of the HP24 switchback.

I will post an update if any new information is released

Thanks!
Nick C.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts