Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you installed the Switch Pros SP8100 in the pillar. I saw that they now offer a pillar mount and sell vertical buttons for it. I've been going back and forth between the sPod and the Switch pro, but I just can't justify paying the high price tag of the sPod with touch pad to get the same functionality. Have any of you got the red or blue Switch Pros backlighted units and how do they look?

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
Several users already customized their setup to have it on the pillar. I asked switch pros of how it will mount on their new pillar design (ie ... screw or glue), but they haven't responded. Mine is currently above my dash w/ 3m.

SP won me over SPOD due to the functions and price. Its pretty easy once everything is installed.

I haven't seen any of the red/blue units.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/switch-pros-switch-panel-power-system-review-1269953.html

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've got the Switch-Pros glued into a rugged ridge A pillar and the module mounted behind the brake pedal on the firewall. When I installed the Genesis dual battery I had to move the module.
One of the things I like about the SP is you can make any of the switches hot all the time. Which I did for the one controlling my fridge. You also can make the switches momentary on, flash or strobe.
With the module mounted under the dash it keeps under the hood clutter free too.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have pillar mounted switches and would not do it again. The light from the switches is more distracting there than if they were overhead.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
U can dim the switches on the SP module.
Mine too and still distracting unless I turn them off. Could be just a personal preference. OP asked for examples and I gave my experience.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey obx. First pic is my setup. A-pillar was purchased from black mountain. It's a spod setup so I had to cut around the 4 switch outline to adapt the switch pros.

Chose the black mountain because I felt it was the closest match with respect to the black that's used in the interior (also switchpros wasn't offering their a-pillar option at that time)

Second pic is the a-pillar from switchpros. Will be installing the 8100 in my jk as well and didn't want to go through the hassle of the cutout having to be perfect. Hope this helps:happyyes:

Sorry for the way the pics came out. Still learning.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
SP A-pillar bulged out just like rugged ridge/daystar. I have the switch panel with the concealed mounting hardware in the back. Makes for a nice and clean oem look.

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
SP A-pillar bulged out just like rugged ridge/daystar. I have the switch panel with the concealed mounting hardware in the back. Makes for a nice and clean oem look.
Nice ... so no glue needed? are you referring to the metal bracket that the SP comes with or is there hardware that comes with the SP A Pillar?

·
Registered
821 Posts
II've had the SP for about a year now, works great. Like a few other posters, I didn't want the lights in my face while driving, but I also wanted it easily accessible. Thought I would try something different and mount it to my sun visor. It looks and works better than I expected.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey obx. First pic is my setup. A-pillar was purchased from black mountain. It's a spod setup so I had to cut around the 4 switch outline to adapt the switch pros.

Chose the black mountain because I felt it was the closest match with respect to the black that's used in the interior (also switchpros wasn't offering their a-pillar option at that time)

Second pic is the a-pillar from switchpros. Will be installing the 8100 in my jk as well and didn't want to go through the hassle of the cutout having to be perfect. Hope this helps:happyyes:

Sorry for the way the pics came out. Still learning.
Thanks for the info!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts