Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a Warn Power Interrupt Kit to be activated by their Switchpod (Apollointech or SPOD) BUT bypassed the relay in the switchpod and ran the wire from the switch directly to the solenoid?

I have the 6 switch/relay Apollointech but need to use 2 of the relays for one switch (via a jumper) because running 2 sets of lights from 1 switch (I cannot attach all the lights to 1 relay because too much draw, confirmed with manufacturer). That leaves 4 relays left over for 5 switches. To make it up I want to run 1 of the switches directly to the power interrupt kit, free up a relay, and then there are 4 relays for the remaining 4 switches.

Once I start installing I'll test it out but before I cut any wires I wanted to see if any experience or knowledge here first (I did search online but didn't find anything). I'm wondering if the switch has enough current to activate the solenoid or if it needs the higher current available from the relay. I know there are other options using additional relays, etc, but think this is a clean option if it works.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Haven't seen the gauge of wire coming off those switches to the switch pod, but I would GUESS the gauge to be too small to supply enough power to the solenoid in a direct connect scenario.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts