Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to install two auxilary fuse boxes up under my dash to accommodate several electrical mods I want to make (heated seats, interior LEDs, exterior LEDs, etc.) My plan was to use one aux fuse box to be always hot and the other fuse box to be ignition switched. I've studied up on wiring a relay circuit so the only thing I need now is to find a good switched circuit under the dash to use to trigger the relay when the Jeep is running.

Does anyone have a recommendation on where I can tap into an ignition switched circuit under the dash? I would be looking for a specific colored wire or location under the dash.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I would just tap into the switched power outlet or the radio power you can do this under the dash or just use fuse tap at the main power dist box up near the radiator

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am interested in adding accessories as well and don't want to hack into the wiring. So to be clear this wiring adapter plugs in line where the cigarette outlet is in the dash? Also what end is on the harness lead coming off of the adapter? Is there a fuse box that this directly connects to that I can buy as well? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts