Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve decided to switch over from my 2016 JK to the JT. With two growing boys and new puppy the back seat is getting small. Plus they also love going camping now. I currently have the 6spd and love driving it. Question is go back to the 6spd or wait for the 3.0 eco in auto?

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
The back seat is still going to be the same size as far as I know. You will have more exterior storage but give up all the interior storage.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The 8spd AT has improved the overall responsiveness of the 3.6L. The 6spd has also been updated with smoother / shorter throws and might be the only remaining MT 4WD vehicle if not the only one left. If you know MT then either trans will perform well.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Gotcha. Missed that in your post. The 4 doors will be a big improvement for people having to get in and out of the back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Something about the 6 speed just makes all the difference. I had to custom order mine because not a dealer around had a jku hard rock with a soft top and manual. My wife can't drive a MT, so that presents a challenge at times, but then again that means I don't have to share

1 - 7 of 7 Posts