Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Switching out Tire and Wheels

945 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Romokid 
#1 ·
So I'm switching out my stock 17" alloy rims with 255/75/R17 tires from my 2008 Wrangler for 2017 Sahara rims 18" 255/70R18. Taking the wheels off and putting the new ones on are no problem but do I need to get s new TPMS installed? Or can I use the ones from my stock rims?

#3 ·
According to Extreme Terrain @XTJake site:

2007-2017 Jeep Wrangler TPMS Kits & Accessories | ExtremeTerrain - Free Shipping

There could be a difference in the sensors because of vehicle deferences and dates. Most of these devices have been programed according to the date/frequency of vehicle electronics. You might have a connectivity issue. One may need to run with a notification on the dash which says there is a TPMS sensor malfunction.

However, in some cases one might be able to just rest the system assuming the TPMS are functioning correctly. Reseting the system is nothing more than disconnecting the battery (while the new wheels/tires have been installed) allowing the vehicle to sit for a few mins then reconnect the battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.