Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so right now I've got basically the DPG ultimate kit I have added and upgraded over the past several years here is a list of what I have.

2.5" OME springs and shocks
1.25" BL
front and rear jks adjustable trackbars
adjustable sway bars (front and rear)
lower metalcloak adjustable control arms
Upper UCF adjustable control arms? ( I cannot for the life of me remember the brand, I had undercover fabworks install them a while back)
SYE eliminator and rear adams driveshaft
Currie Currectlync steering system
brown dog 1" MML (redundant I know)

I am on 35's and 4.88 gears what I want is at least a 4" suspension and obviously keep the BL I am looking into the 4" Currie springs, my question is would I have enough adjustability out of all my control arms and trackbars? Specifically the trackbars beacause they came with the DPG kit I wasn't sure what they can accomidate. Anything else I would need beside swapping coils and Shocks and adjusting for angles? I am not a suspension guru by any means but my setup now is limited with the 35's I want to be able to use them to their full potential.

·
Super Moderator
6,898 Posts
depending on the front JKS track bar and how much of the shank would still be engaged while the axle is centered, you should have enough adjustment in all of your suspension components to just swap coils and shocks.

adjustable sway bars? not sure what you mean by this but a front AntiRock will help to get your suspension to use its full potential

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the sway links they are JKS quicker disconnects and the rear are just adjustable as well

·
Knows a couple things...
49,414 Posts
4" springs plus a 1-1.25" body lift is ideal for 35's. Big spacers can damage springs through overcompression. Not to mention you'd have a lower center of gravity with the 4" springs and body lift vs 5" springs. The track bars and control arms should be fine with the 4" springs. I'm a Currie fan but ProComp's 4" springs are surprisingly good quality and less expensive too.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you for the replys. I gotta do my research on pro comp vs currie. I had a set of 4" pro comp coils in my garage so long I almost named them but gave them to a friend of mine a while back. I wish I still kept them but is there anything specific to look for in springs? I just assumed I would go currie from my expericence with my steering system I have from them, it's really nice...

·
Knows a couple things...
49,414 Posts
thank you for the replys. I gotta do my research on pro comp vs currie. I had a set of 4" pro comp coils in my garage so long I almost named them but gave them to a friend of mine a while back. I wish I still kept them but is there anything specific to look for in springs? I just assumed I would go currie from my expericence with my steering system I have from them, it's really nice...
I'm a huge Currie fan and run lots of their products but you honestly can't go wrong with either brand for 4" springs.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pro comp is cheaper seems like a no brainer, just to throw another wrench in it what would you say about the rubicon express springs?

·
Registered
314 Posts
4" springs and you're done. Then enjoy it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
4" springs plus a 1-1.25" body lift is ideal for 35's. Big spacers can damage springs through overcompression. Not to mention you'd have a lower center of gravity with the 4" springs and body lift vs 5" springs. The track bars and control arms should be fine with the 4" springs. I'm a Currie fan but ProComp's 4" springs are surprisingly good quality and less expensive too.
Love the Pro-Comp 4" springs! Take the advice from @Jerry Branford. I did. No regrets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts