Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fields of pain is where I graze
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 with a 4 inch lift. I have TC lower kit on it and it has always bothered me, so I got a SYE, driveshaft, rear upper control arms and a belly up skid plate. The install was abit beyond me so I took it to a mechanic to do the work for me. After the install, he said the belly up plate raised the TC up so far that it still put the driveshaft at a bad angle and to leave the TC lower kit on it was the only solution. To me that kinda defeats the whole purpose of everything I just bought! The guy I took it to is a jeep guy so I thought he knew what he was talking about, but this just doesnt seem right. Any suggestions? Would installing a MML or BL make any difference?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I believe that I have been told that you need the MML and BL for the tummy tuck.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
MML and lopro mount would do it as well..... UCF lopro drops t-case ~1" closer to the skid.

BL not needed if your t-case doesn't hit the tub... but it would help the location of the fan to the shroud.

·
Registered
304 Posts
You do need at least a 1" bl to have a high clearance skid. The MML is highly recommended and it will rock the tail shaft of the tcase down to help with that angle. You also need to rock your rearend way back with your adjustable uppers. I have a 4" lift and just went through all of this. My DS sits about 19 degrees with the SYE, high clearance skid, MML and 1" BL. I had to rock my rear back to 18 degrees. Then my track bar hit the gas tank skid and was in a bind. So then I had to buy a CV track bar mount. Then your rear springs are arced from rocking the rear end back. Doing a SYE is a pain in the ass! But worth it when you get it all right.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I looked it up. I guess its not compatible with the 32rh trans.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
This is why I mentioned in another thread that if you had a TJ... and were thinking of a TT.... the mega short or super short SYE was the way to go to reduce driveline angles.

the BL may not be needed, but it's nice to have room. I run a 4" lift , 1.25" BL and extra clearance skid from UCF..... with a stock tranny mount, I have to run 1/2" spacers in order to relieve severe driveline angle.

Now... my Lopro mount will be here 17-18 Oct... This will allow me to remove the spacers and put the skid back on the frame and still be 1/2" lower to the skid than I was.. even better for angles.

Next summer, I have decided to go with a Teralow 4:1 and do the JB conversion Super Short SYE at the same time and have my shaft lengthened. This will give me a much better driveline angle with the Super Short being 3" + shorter than a stand SYE.

I looked it up. I guess its not compatible with the 32rh trans.
That sucks.... sorry....

You should call Matt ( at UCF ) and see if they are working on anything for the 32rh.... can't hurt.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I believe that I have been told that you need the MML and BL for the tummy tuck.
MML and lopro mount would do it as well..... UCF lopro drops t-case ~1" closer to the skid.

BL not needed if your t-case doesn't hit the tub... but it would help the location of the fan to the shroud.
Let me correct what I said a bit....

The BL is recommended... yes.... needed.... in some cases.. yes... but not all. depends on the skid and how much it tucks your tummy in.... MML and Lopro mount both aid in relieving driveline angles without sacrificing any ground clearance.

·
Fields of pain is where I graze
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I need to look into this Lopro mount that all the kids are raving about. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts