Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was online today just looking around and I saw on rusty offroads website that they have an advance adapters sye and a tomwoods shaft combo for like 480, which seems like a prett good deal to my my question is I plan on doing a 1.25 bl and a 1"mml and tt sometime in the future just don't have the cash for it right now would the length of the driveshaft need to be a different length after I do the mml, bl and tt or will it be the same as if I was to do the sye and dc shaft now, just don't wanna have to buy another shaft after I do the bl, mml, and tt

·
Registered
727 Posts
As far as I know it only deals with Ur suspension, not a body lift.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Ok so I was online today just looking around and I saw on rusty offroads website that they have an advance adapters sye and a tomwoods shaft combo for like 480, which seems like a prett good deal to my my question is I plan on doing a 1.25 bl and a 1"mml and tt sometime in the future just don't have the cash for it right now would the length of the driveshaft need to be a different length after I do the mml, bl and tt or will it be the same as if I was to do the sye and dc shaft now, just don't wanna have to buy another shaft after I do the bl, mml, and tt
a TT will raise your t-case output making your DS longer

·
Registered
727 Posts
x2^

Forgot about you mentioning the TT

·
Registered
47 Posts
1.25" BL won't effect the length of the driveshaft like the TT will. Based on the info in your signature, you already have a 4" suspension lift and probably already need the SYE anyway. I'd do the TT and MML and measure the existing length from the current slipyoke to rearend yoke. Tom Woods can then calculate an estimated Driveshaft Length based on that info and account the the add'l length the SYE will add. That's what they did for me when I ordered my SYE & driveshaft.
And one more thing, you can probably get the same stuff directly from Tom Woods. This system there is about 495 and they "might" be able to price match what you found at Rusty's

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
steve76t said:
1.25" BL won't effect the length of the driveshaft like the TT will. Based on the info in your signature, you already have a 4" suspension lift and probably already need the SYE anyway. I'd do the TT and MML and measure the existing length from the current slipyoke to rearend yoke. Tom Woods can then calculate an estimated Driveshaft Length based on that info and account the the add'l length the SYE will add. That's what they did for me when I ordered my SYE & driveshaft.
And one more thing, you can probably get the same stuff directly from Tom Woods. This system there is about 495 and they "might" be able to price match what you found at Rusty's
Actually I don't get any driveline vibes I was just wondering what order I should do things in cuz like I said the ultimate goal is a bl mml and tt, with a sye and a woods shaft, o and adj ca's,

so from what I'm gathering from you guys I would be best to do the bl and mml first, then tt, then adj ca's, then sye and woods shaft, right

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K thanks for the replies guys just wanted to make sure I had the right idea, one more question would the mml and bl possibly enable me to remove the tcase drop that is currently installed?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Add Novak shifter cable to the list and dobt forget to remove the shocks before you rotate pinion angle

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rbkelley89 said:
Add Novak shifter cable to the list and dobt forget to remove the shocks before you rotate pinion angle
What exactly does the shifter cable do

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
If you are even THINKING about a TT.....

I would highly recommend the megashort SYE to give you better driveline angles out back. I did my 4" SL with standard SYE and CV shaft. THEN added BL, TT and MML.... driveshaft length was ok ( pulled out 3/4" ) but the angle on the driveline was too sever and needed to install a lopro mount to lower the t-case closer to the skid. IT worked, but I see a megashort SYE in my future for sure... prolly once I do the teralow 4:1 conversion.

Just a heads up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts