Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY jeep is a 90 YJ 2.5L with 4" suspension lift + 2" body lift.

Hey folks, I finally did the Slip Yoke Elimination upgrade after my driveshaft fell out a second time. I pulled the SYE kit off an 89 4.2L YJ a couple years ago. It came with a double cardan shaft. Turns out the shaft is too short for the 2.5L but there is a local drive shaft guy thats going to help me resolve that.

I've got two main questions.

#1: I currently have 1" spacers that drop the tranny skid plate. ONCE I adjust the pinion angle I believe I'm able to remove these to regain that inch of clearance but how about the front driveshaft, will it be ok stock?

#2: I'm looking at pinion angle shims for the rear. Any advice on this? Is there a standard size for 4" suspension/2" body lift?

Perhaps someone here has ordered shims that worked perfect for a very similar setup?

Thank in advance for any advice to get me rolling again!

-David

·
Registered
492 Posts
Your front driveshaft will be OK the way it is. You will need to get yourself an angle finder, for your rear driveshaft.

Remove your lowering spacers first of all. Then measure for your driveshaft and get it lengthened. After that you will want the pinion pointed around 1-3 degrees BELOW the driveshaft tube. I don't think their is a "Standard" shim for a 4" lift.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts