Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2004 tj it came with a 3 in body lift on it the guy said he only took it to the sand dunes once but anyways I am getting a 4in suspension lift for it and was wondering if I can wait for a little bit on the slip yoke eliminate kit and the new axle until the funds are there lol its running 33s now

ForumRunner_20140424_225726.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
Hello I have a 2004 tj it came with a 3 in body lift on it the guy said he only took it to the sand dunes once but anyways I am getting a 4in suspension lift for it and was wondering if I can wait for a little bit on the slip yoke eliminate kit and the new axle until the funds are there lol its running 33s now
That'll give you SEVEN inches of lift!?!? :eek: Dump the 3"BL go with 1-1.25". A 3.5" lift is plenty on a TJ.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know about the bl on it needs to be changed I am just wondering about the slip yoke for the suspension lift on it

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
A 4" suspension lift will either require an sye or a very large (most likely about 1 1/2") transfer case drop, or a combination of a motor mount lift and smaller tc drop to get rid of drive line vibrations.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i ordered the slip yoke eliminator kit with 1310 heavy duty cv driveshaft for it from rockridge4wd

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
i ordered the slip yoke eliminator kit with 1310 heavy duty cv driveshaft for it from rockridge4wd
You will also need at least adjustable upper rear control arms (all four in the rear would be better), and an angled rear track bar bracket to complete your SYE installation.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Is it absolutely required to have new control arms when installing a SYE? I want to install one along with full length skids, but will be going to a long arm by the end of the summer. Don't want to waste money on control arms I'll only use for a few months.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Is it absolutely required to have new control arms when installing a SYE? I want to install one along with full length skids, but will be going to a long arm by the end of the summer. Don't want to waste money on control arms I'll only use for a few months.
You will need some way to adjust your pinion angle once you install the sye. I suggest you wait on installing it until you have the parts to complete it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Zone 4" Jeep Wrangler TJ/LJ/Rubicon 03-06 SuspensionSystem - Standard Shocks included [ADD $21.08 ForNitro Upgrade]1509.00509.00TZON3400Steering Stabilizer TJ White Finish136.0036.00TZONJ5652ZONE Jeep TJ 3-4.5in Sway Bar Disconnects189.0089.00TR/ERE1600Rubicon Express Track Bar Adjustable FrontTJ/LJ/XJ/MJ/ZJ 3.5"-4.5" - Allows for more wheel travelthan the stock unit and features a replaceable rod end for

That's what I got to go with my sye kit and driveshaft

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What size lift do you have on it? Any problems with the angles for vibration after you put the sye on?

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went with Super short SYE kit so I could do a completely flat tummy tuck.
Can I ask, what company flat skid tummy tuck did you go with? Did you go steel or aluminum? Metal thickness? I like it flat you gain so much clearance! Hoping to do that in near future.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Zone 4" Jeep Wrangler TJ/LJ/Rubicon 03-06 SuspensionSystem - Standard Shocks included [ADD $21.08 ForNitro Upgrade]1509.00509.00TZON3400Steering Stabilizer TJ White Finish136.0036.00TZONJ5652ZONE Jeep TJ 3-4.5in Sway Bar Disconnects189.0089.00TR/ERE1600Rubicon Express Track Bar Adjustable FrontTJ/LJ/XJ/MJ/ZJ 3.5"-4.5" - Allows for more wheel travelthan the stock unit and features a replaceable rod end for

That's what I got to go with my sye kit and driveshaft
There are no adjustable control arms, nor a rear angled track bar bracket in that list. Make sure you have them before installing an sye, or you will have vibes. Your pinion angle will need to be adjusted upwards like the picture.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Can I ask, what company flat skid tummy tuck did you go with? Did you go steel or aluminum? Metal thickness? I like it flat you gain so much clearance! Hoping to do that in near future.
I went with Barns skid plate. It's 1/4 inch steel. You have to drill holes/cut where needed to make it fit. It's not a plug and play. I knew this before I went with and I have no problems.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went with Barns skid plate. It's 1/4 inch steel. You have to drill holes/cut where needed to make it fit. It's not a plug and play. I knew this before I went with and I have no problems.
Thanks for the information, it looks great, already checked the barns web site. Just wondering if my mechanical skills are able to accomplish such a task as aligning all the holes necessary for proper placement of the skid, plus trans, transfer case and exhaust line up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts