Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is this? I've installed a SYE kit in my 99 TJ do I still have to have the transfer case dropped 1 1/4 or can I bring it back where I believe it should be against the frame?? Thanks in advance for your input:)

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Get ride of the drop completely...assuming you have new rear shaft and pinon has been set up of course.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Get ride of the drop completely...assuming you have new rear shaft and pinon has been set up of course.
Yep. Make sure you get you a pair of adjustable rear upper control arms and set your pinion correctly after installing the SYE and new cv driveshaft.

·
Registered
144 Posts
keep in mind it probably has a transfercase bracket that will need to be taken off too... or you wont be able to shift properly between 2h, 4l, 4h,n

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Yep. Make sure you get you a pair of adjustable rear upper control arms and set your pinion correctly after installing the SYE and new cv driveshaft.
Don't forget adjustable lowers to properly set axle position at full bump

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so I need adjustable upper or lower control arms? It's obviously not set correctly I went for a ride after installing the new drive shaft and still I have vibrations.what is the correct angle? I've read 18 degrees? Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh also I have not taken out my t-case drop kit yet. I would think the vibration would be worse if I took it out right now without adjustments.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
Yep you could set the pinion angle with either upper or lower adjustable arms but using uppers will restore some of the wheelbase lost by the suspension lift pulling the axles closer together. Adjusting your pinion angle up with adjustable lower arms would just move the rear axle further forward, further shortening the wheelbase. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts