Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 94' with the 2.5l, it is currently in the shop getting a SYE kit put on. i have a 1 inch transfer case drop installed at the moment. i asked the shop to remove the drop when re installing the skid plate. they just called me and told me the exhaust was in the way a bit so they cant re install with out the drop kit unless they move the exhaust. i told them to leave the drop kit on. i know you are usually supposed to remove the drop with a sye installed. is this going to cause any problems for me down the road?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I am running a 1.5" transfer case drop with a SYE and am having no problems. Are you going with a CV style rear driveshaft?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Probably not a problem, but you lose the added ground clearence you should get back by going SYE. I'd have a look when you get home. There is no reason, unless you changed the exhaust after adding the TC drop, why it should not bolt right up. The jeep didn't come with the TC drop and the exhaust wasn't a problem then. Mine was as simple as taking out the spacers and bolting it back up. I'm wondering if someone forgot and had it all put together and just didn't want to redo their screw up.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i went with a tom woods drive shaft so thats no problem, but ive actually had the tc drop on there for yrs and had a smaller lift before. now that i went bigger i went the sye route and i had the exhaust redone a while back with the drop installed so it does make sense that there might be issues. just wanted to check that its not gonna cause alot of problems down the road. i just recently got it from the shop and it drove really well and looks good under there so pretty happy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts