Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we know the illumination on the headlamps for visibility at night is pretty poor, especially the high beams. Has anyone tried the Sylvania Silverstar ultra's? They cost around $45 and claimed to increase brightness by 50% on there website. There comparison pictures of stock versus the ultra's is pretty dramatic. As my wife says, anythings got to be better than the stock headlamps.

Greg
2013 Sahara JKU

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
They are alright but the Phillips 80+ have a little better review for getting the most out of these poor excuse for headlamps. I have had them in mine now for a year and a half. They sell them on E-bay and Amazon I believe. Not sure if they get 80% IMO but they are a noticeable difference. You could try a search. Someone tested both of these once on the forum a couple years back and was the reason I went with the Phillips over the Sylvania's

·
Premium Member
6,905 Posts
They are alright but the Phillips 80+ have a little better review for getting the most out of these poor excuse for headlamps.
That's the ones I bought back in January. I believe they were around $31 on Amazon.

I know there are brighter, more expensive options but I didn't want to get into any major mods to the electrical system and risk voiding my factory warranty. The Phillips bulbs are fine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just put the Philips bulbs in. Very nice improvement on both low and high beams. I can now use the high beams and not be afraid of what might be 200 feet up the road.

·
Registered
15 Posts
WOW I could not belive how bad the lights are on my 13JKUR I actually got out and check to make sure they were both on so I went to Amazon and found these but there website has that these will not fit my model jeep I think they are wrong so can you guys help will these fit
Philips H13 9008 X-treme Power Headlight Bulb, Pack of 2

Philips H13 9008 X-treme Power Headlight Bulb, Pack of 2 : Amazon.com : Automotive

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have the Phillips extreme 80 ones. They are a hair better, looks about the same to me just whiter. I don't use the high beams because my lows actually throw out more usable light. For the 35 bucks they are worth it but I still use my rigid 20" bar on roads when no one is around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts