Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just want to start by saying that my 02 TJ has been off the road since the beginning of 2015 :-( . Long story short, it needed work and I didn't have the time, patience, or resources. Currently I have a little bit of each of those listed and want to get this beast back on(and off) the road.
When I stopped driving it I was having issues with getting into 2nd gear. It would grind, so I would rev up and go to third. Currently I am debating getting a second transmission and swapping it out. But before I do that...is there anything else I should look into first?

·
Registered
492 Posts
More details my friend..won't go in at all?
Last time fluid was changed? Etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey there, my second gear also grinds/rakes and have a clicking noise going into third.....I am finally biting the bullet and replacing the transmission. I've taken it to several shops and they all have said the same thing. High Gear transmission in Tennessee has been super helpful so far and quoted me $1650 for a refurbished manual trans (NSG370). I plan on placing the order with them today. May be worth a look if you decide to replace.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey there, my second gear also grinds/rakes and have a clicking noise going into third.....I am finally biting the bullet and replacing the transmission. I've taken it to several shops and they all have said the same thing. High Gear transmission in Tennessee has been super helpful so far and quoted me $1650 for a refurbished manual trans (NSG370). I plan on placing the order with them today. May be worth a look if you decide to replace.
Didx they say what was actually wrong with it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts