Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read people talking about strange behavior with after putting in the Synergy Ball joints. I just did mine.

What exactly did / do you feel different about how it feels after install?

I'm experiencing flighty steering, and am wondering if it is just stiff ball joints, or did I knock off my alignment. I'm having my alignment check this week, but curious about what others have felt.

·
Commercial Member
2,299 Posts
I've read people talking about strange behavior with after putting in the Synergy Ball joints. I just did mine.

What exactly did / do you feel different about how it feels after install?

I'm experiencing flighty steering, and am wondering if it is just stiff ball joints, or did I knock off my alignment. I'm having my alignment check this week, but curious about what others have felt.
Most who install Synergy ball joints experience the same thing...give them a few hundred miles to wear in. Also, if you go wheeling, it will help accelerate the process.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Nine are fine...steering was slightly stiffer for a few hundred...now after about 300 miles and off road this Saturday either I got use to it or everything is back to normal

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I've read people talking about strange behavior with after putting in the Synergy Ball joints. I just did mine. What exactly did / do you feel different about how it feels after install? I'm experiencing flighty steering, and am wondering if it is just stiff ball joints, or did I knock off my alignment. I'm having my alignment check this week, but curious about what others have felt.
Usually if you change anything like tie rods, ball joints anything in your suspension you should get it realigned.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I just had Synergy Ball Joints installed on my JK last week. I wouldn't call it flighty, but more like stiff steering. So whatever direction I turn the wheel the Jeep goes that exact direction and doesn't autocorrect back to center when driving straight down the highway. I find myself doing a lot of small adjustments to keep the Jeep going straight.

I've read this is common and the ball joints will loosen up with time.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Setting is one thing, accuracy is another :)
Do we really have to knit pick over words??????? What do you think I meant. I do not mean measuring off tire tread as usually is shown . Put a little thought in it or look into some of the TJ threads on Jeep Forums where its been done for years . Many ways to be accurate as needed . either of these methods are more than accurate enough .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I just had Synergy Ball Joints installed on my JK last week. I wouldn't call it flighty, but more like stiff steering. So whatever direction I turn the wheel the Jeep goes that exact direction and doesn't autocorrect back to center when driving straight down the highway. I find myself doing a lot of small adjustments to keep the Jeep going straight.

I've read this is common and the ball joints will loosen up with time.
I installed Alloy USA, but I understand they're pretty much the same thing. This is exactly how mine felt after the install. If Baby Blue Sound wouldn't have helped me install them and told me it would happened, I would have freaked out.

After about 3-400 miles, they started to feel normal again. After a weekend on the trails, they felt great. No issues with them since about 500 miles.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The only thing you can adjust on a JK is toe angle in the front anyway so I see no reason to re-align after doing ball joints.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts