Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got these today from the Brown Santa Claus and noticed the dont really slip onto the upper c's. Its a tight tight fit. Also it looks like they might contact the coil ? ( The jeep is sitting at ride height, and i have aftermarket Teraflex coils).

As far as the install do i need to remove the coil to weld these on ? or does anyone have any tricks.

Thank You

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't think removing the coils is necessary, but removing the ball joints is usually recommended.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Kjeeper is right.....Don't concentrate all your heat in one area. Weld a little on one end, move to the opposite side.. Weld a little there and keep moving back and forth so you don't warp the axle housing.... Clean the housing really good so you get good welds the first time.
If you build up big ugly beads your sure to warp the housing....No need to weld over and over.... If you haven't welded for a while I suggest that you get some scraps about the same thickness and practice, get the welder set up just right before you start.
"BH"

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel like i have a super tight fit with these. I know my C isn't bent already.. Maybe taking some weight off that tire will push the coil away and give me room ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also installed the Synergy gussets. I recall grinding a little bit to perfect the fit, I also removed the coil to gain clearance while welding.

I wish I had an easy trick to gain you clearance, but dropping the spring out wasn't that hard. I did it on jack stands

1 - 6 of 6 Posts