Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed SYNERGY High Steer Drag Link and Front Drag Bar Bracket yesterday.
It was pretty straight forward and simple install ...well except couple of minor glitches.
The large bolt for the Front Drag Bracket had a wrong nut...instead fine tread as the bolt it had a normal tread. So I had to make a trip to the hardware store.
The biggest WTF was installing Tie Rod End in TRE Adapter. We drilled 7/8" hole to the top of steering knuckle installed TRE adapter as recommended. We had to torque Tie Rod End to like 250 ft-lbs in order pull it trough and install the cotter pin. The installation instructions (included with parts) recommends to tighten the pinch bolt to 50 ft-lbs...but we were not able to get cotter pin until it was tightened to like 250 ft-lbs...?

I will call SYNERGY tomorrow to check if that's ok.

Jeep drives like a cadillac now...what a difference.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Installed SYNERGY High Steer Drag Link and Front Drag Bar Bracket yesterday.
It was pretty straight forward and simple install ...well except couple of minor glitches.
The large bolt for the Front Drag Bracket had a wrong nut...instead fine tread as the bolt it had a normal tread. So I had to make a trip to the hardware store.
The biggest WTF was installing Tie Rod End in TRE Adapter. We drilled 7/8" hole to the top of steering knuckle installed TRE adapter as recommended. We had to torque Tie Rod End to like 250 ft-lbs in order pull it trough and install the cotter pin. The installation instructions (included with parts) recommends to tighten the pinch bolt to 50 ft-lbs...but we were not able to get cotter pin until it was tightened to like 250 ft-lbs...?

I will call SYNERGY tomorrow to check if that's ok.

Jeep drives like a cadillac now...what a difference.
Congrats..! ! I run the synergy Tie Rod and Drag link both solid up grades. When I installed mine
I used a dremal to kinda ream hole in knuckle after drilling

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
The adapter should just drop in ... No force.
I believe The new instructions say this and to open up the hole with a Dremel if tight,
The adapter has a split which has to be able to open up when you torque the nut.
That is a lot of torque. If the threads are not stretched/damage .. I see no other issues. AS LONG as the TRE is seated all the way.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked today both ends of the Drag Link...Tie Rod Ends look similar on both ends.
Death Wobble is gone...steering feels nice and steady.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So what do you think...should I remove the Rod End and make a hole larger for a looser fit or should I leave it as it is and relax....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts