Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing my new Yeti tie rod and was going to relocate my steering stabilizer on top. Got the Synergy relocation bracket and looking at the track bar bolt looks like not many threads left after installing the bracket. Is this normal or would a longer bolt be required? All thoughts appreciated.:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which bolt?
The axle side track bar bolt. From the instructions looks like this bold goes through the relocation bracket. Given the thickness of the bracket looks like only a couple of threads would be past the flag nut when tightened. Probabally ok but would think there would be more threads past the nut when tightened. If the nut would come loose wouldn't want track bar comming off.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
The axle side track bar bolt. From the instructions looks like this bold goes through the relocation bracket. Given the thickness of the bracket looks like only a couple of threads would be past the flag nut when tightened. Probabally ok but would think there would be more threads past the nut when tightened. If the nut would come loose wouldn't want track bar comming off.
Its fine as long as the threads past through. 125 should not come loose easily, just keep a eye on it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its fine as long as the threads past through. 125 should not come loose easily, just keep a eye on it.
I will put some lock tight on it. Got a good torque wrench so tightening no problem. Just would of thought a few more threads through it would be better.
guess I overthink these things. Thanks for the fast reply.:)

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not at all, i had the same issue. My Artec Bracket
Is 1/4 thick. Im using a 4" CA bolt lol
Thinking about it I guess I could get a longer grade 8 shoulder bolt at the hardware store I. Found a bin there that had the same manufacturer of bolts that came with my Synergy brackets.:)

·
Vendor
739 Posts
You want to make sure that the lead of the thread is not in the nut. Some threads on bolts have very long leads and you want the major pitch diameter engaged in the nut the full length of the nut. If so, torqued to the proper specification and you should be ok.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You want to make sure that the lead of the thread is not in the nut. Some threads on bolts have very long leads and you want the major pitch diameter engaged in the nut the full length of the nut. If so, torqued to the proper specification and you should be ok.
Thanks for the reassurance. If I get a couple of threads past the nut I I should be past the lead. By the way that Yeti tie rod i quite a robust unit. I think It will probably outlast the Jeep. A really good piece of engineering. Glad I chose this over the Synergy unit.:iamhappy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts