Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the RK front track bar will work with the synergy front track bar frame brace with sector shaft brace?

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think the sector shaft brace is even needed or that big of deal? Mainly want the track bar brace for correcting wallowed factory bracket holes in case I find that's my problem.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would hold off. Most people are having issues with the coil spring rubbing the sector shaft brace when disconnected. I am one of those people. I was just at Easter Jeep Safari and spoke with Synergy. They told me there springs will not rub because of the diameter. I have the teraflex springs which are almost exactly the same diameter. While speaking with the Synergy guy I called "BS" when he said that. He then told me they are coming out with a new and improved version in about six months. I then said why new and improved if there is no problem? He just smiled.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would hold off. Most people are having issues with the coil spring rubbing the sector shaft brace when disconnected. I am one of those people. I was just at Easter Jeep Safari and spoke with Synergy. They told me there springs will not rub because of the diameter. I have the teraflex springs which are almost exactly the same diameter. While speaking with the Synergy guy I called "BS" when he said that. He then told me they are coming out with a new and improved version in about six months. I then said why new and improved if there is no problem? He just smiled.
Is it just the sector shaft brace that's rubbing. I'm mostly interested in the frame brace for the track bar in case I find that my trackbar bolt holes are wallowed out any.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Now Kjeeper10, I always look for your post and follow your advise. But in this case teraflex are not wide springs. At least not my 4" springs actually narrow compared to most. But let's forget about diameter of springs for a minute.
Let's say Synergy is correct in saying that you will not have a rubbing issue if you use the Synergy springs. Maybe they should state that if you are using springs larger in diameter than Synergy and using the sector and tracbar frame brace you very well may have rubbing issues.

·
Super Moderator
53,781 Posts
I don't remember what the fronts looked like.
The rears were very wide and contacted my track bar bracket.
Compared a bunch of coils I've installed, I know the rears are wider then most.
- AEV
- RK gen 1
- RK gen 2
- RC
- TF
- Full craption

Edit: ok here's a pic. The fronts look typical of most coils.
The rears are wider. Here's Synergy's rear coil which appears to not be wide at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Your correct for sure on rears being wide. They they made contact with the adjusting sleeve on my rear track bar when I raised it, so I flipped the track bar around and works great no contact.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Does anybody know if the RK front track bar will work with the synergy front track bar frame brace with sector shaft brace?
What size tire are you running?

Even with 35s if you're doing some pretty moderate-difficult trails hydro assist will help a lot. When you do hydro assist it actually takes a lot of strain off of your drag link and steering box. That sector shaft brace is for people who choose not to go hydro assist and end up with forearms like pop eye.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will be running nitto trail grapplers 315/70R17s

I think I may go ahead and get the synergy track bar brace frame side. From the sounds of it, the sector shaft brace may interfere with my RK coils. Is that right?

Also, if I want to correct holes and/or beef them up on the axle end, what would be y'all's best suggestion? I thought about the synergy bracket but that raises the track bar and requires the drag link flip and 3" bump stops. I've got 2" now and don't know if I want to go to 3" and I'm not sure it would work with my lift (RK 2.5 max travel) anyway. Isn't it for taller lifts?

Not sure I want to weld washers on. I like the thought of bolt on better in case of future changes.

I did see that JKS makes a bracket that welds onto the factory one and gives the option of factory location or secondary higher mount hole for the track bar.

Any thoughts or guidance?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I will be running nitto trail grapplers 315/70R17s I think I may go ahead and get the synergy track bar brace frame side. From the sounds of it, the sector shaft brace may interfere with my RK coils. Is that right? Also, if I want to correct holes and/or beef them up on the axle end, what would be y'all's best suggestion? I thought about the synergy bracket but that raises the track bar and requires the drag link flip and 3" bump stops. I've got 2" now and don't know if I want to go to 3" and I'm not sure it would work with my lift (RK 2.5 max travel) anyway. Isn't it for taller lifts? Not sure I want to weld washers on. I like the thought of bolt on better in case of future changes. I did see that JKS makes a bracket that welds onto the factory one and gives the option of factory location or secondary higher mount hole for the track bar. Any thoughts or guidance?
What kind of wheeling do you do?

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What kind of wheeling do you do?
Compared to a lot on here definitely nothing major. Mostly a little mud and fire trials that have some ruts.

However, once I get everything set up and get my death wobble problem completely figured out, that might change. :)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Compared to a lot on here definitely nothing major. Mostly a little mud and fire trials that have some ruts. However, once I get everything set up and get my death wobble problem completely figured out, that might change. :)
Are you thinking this brace will solve your death wobble or have you pin pointed that yet?

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you thinking this brace will solve your death wobble or have you pin pointed that yet?
Have not pin pointed it yet. Just doing my research in case it's the holes that are wallowed out. Also thought this would help beef them up for the future.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Have not pin pointed it yet. Just doing my research in case it's the holes that are wallowed out. Also thought this would help beef them up for the future.
Do you have access to a decent size welder and can you weld or do you have a friend that can?

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do you have access to a decent size welder and can you weld or do you have a friend that can?
My uncle is a steel fabricator and more than qualified. He's built anything from multi-story stairs/railings, worked on race cars, and many other things.

What ya got in mind?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts