Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some extra cash laying around and I was thinking of keeping a synthetic cable for my winch vacuum sealed in a bag in the back. A just in case the one on the winch breaks type item. Do they have a shelf life if stored like this?

Just curious if it's wasted money or not.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The things that hurt them are grit, UV and scuffing over sharp hard points. Stored in a bag inside the Jeep, none of those would be present. I don't see the advantage of a vacuum.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I have some extra cash laying around and I was thinking of keeping a synthetic cable for my winch vacuum sealed in a bag in the back. A just in case the one on the winch breaks type item. Do they have a shelf life if stored like this?

Just curious if it's wasted money or not.
Learn "How To" splice your synthetic line properly and you may never need an extra.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Learn "How To" splice your synthetic line properly and you may never need an extra.
That is definitely the right answer for getting home, not cluttering up the Jeep with parts and for fixing it quickly and easily out on the trail. But I can't remember how to do it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Just curious, how much do you use your winch?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts