Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, before i got my 6cyl tj i got this info from how a guy used a supercharger from a thunderbird supercoupe and got it to work on his 4cyl yj. i did a search and didn't see this mentioned anywhere on here so i figured i'd post the info so it's not just sitting in my email inbox. i got it from a user on forums.jpmagazine.com, so i'm not posting this as my knowledge... just posting what was sent to me because i thought it was interesting and worth posting.

his email has been copied/pasted below so all the information i have will be here. i'll also post the pictures he sent. if you want his username or email send me a pm and i'll get it to you. if he's a user on the forum or if this has been posted already i apologize in advance...

email:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
- 1st took steel plate welded 6 rods (about 6in.) to the plate, welded tabs to that, drilled holes to slip over the valve cover studs, bolt on.

- 2nd line up charger to your plullies, bolt on charger

- 3rd took a npr intercooler (izuzu box truck) cut away little metel to fit in the grille shell ( must take shell off jeep)

- 4th had pipe work done at a muffler shop(just bent) intalled that. I used thick rubber boots to connect pipes, from home depot ( plumbing department)

- 5th installed a msd timming controler (this is a must) it retards your timming as the boost picks up. I have mine set at 7lbs of boost @ 1degree meaning: for every 1 pound of boost it retards 1 degree.

- 6th optional: ford lightning plullie and braket mounted under charger so that the belt would be wraped tighter around charger plullie

- 7th took a string wraped around all plullies, took that to a parts store and got a belt.

- 8th your done!

no need to change injectors or fuel, I ran the jeep first and then changed injectors and added fuel pump, it made no difference leave alone, a waste of money.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Thats pretty sweet. At first I almost wished I had a 4cyl but then I realized I was thinkin all dopey like:DA good tech tip for the guys that are "stuck" with a 4cyl already though.

·
Registered
781 Posts
is therte a way to make this work on a 6 cyl i wonder????

·
Registered
402 Posts
Me Likey

the Mount for the SC looks a little ghetto rigged,but hey who's jeep isn't

Good work

I thought of putting a procharger where the A/C compressor mounts...
Then I remembered to just drop in a V8 for the same price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts