Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did an soa and then took it for a test drive and the vibrations were there enough so I put on a rough country transfer case drop kit and now there is a squeking, like metal grinding, any input would be great

·
Registered
521 Posts
Where does it sound like its coming from

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My drive shaft is pressed up there alittle bit tight, and the rear, in the driver seat it sounds like tires but my friend said sounded like somthing in the rear end

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Post some pics of you pinion angle and driveshaft angle. Check for wear at both ends of the shaft see if it is pressed up against anything. If the angle is too much you could be beating the u-joints up also.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The angle isnt to bad, ill post some in a few minutes, will it damage it more if It is pressed up too tight? The drive shaft I got was alittle longer and a tight fit

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will post pics tomorrow my camera is nessed up lol everything looked good except that it looks **** the drivesgaft is to far in and its rubbing on the input right there

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I figure to fix this I will instal my 1" shackle lift that I bought and it should make the angle alittle better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts