Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm running about a 2.5 inch lift right now, and it had a bit of a driveline vibe. So I did a transfer case drop to eliminate it. afterwards I noticed an intermittent rattling/clicking sound. Only when the Jeep is in motion at certain RPMs.

Is it possible that the drop put the drive shaft too far into the tcase? The yolk still has an inch of play.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Maybe the new angle has showed you have chain slack and that is the source of the noise??? Did the vibes go away??

·
Registered
704 Posts
U-joints sometimes click or pop when in motion.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
I would agree with all of the above.

Although you shouldnt need a t-case drop for a 2.5 lift, but if it took the vibrations away then all is good.

I would think that the vibration wasn't the angle of the driveline but more of a u-joint that has some play in it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Cool guys I will check the u joints add the noise is getting more frequent. I'll post back with the findings.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And yeah the vibs are gone. No change in the noise in 4 wheel drive.it really sounds like the exhaust is rattling under that skidplate, but everything feels tight.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
My exhause rattles like crazy with a 2.5" lift and 1" shackles. I just havent hat time to fix it lately.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The u-joints look good. I figured they were, as i replaced them a little of a year ago. here is my theory, the lift that I have used to be a 4 inch, but it has sagged :(. So when I installed it I added the rear trackbar relocation bracket and what it looks like is with the sag and tcase drop the exhaust is touching the trackbar. sounds like a good reason to cut it out. :D I will cut it out and post back if it fixes it.

steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts