Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to do t case not sure what to go with? want easy install and hold up what do i need go with guys iv looked a just stock rubi case atlas and terolow

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
Stock with slip yoke, atlas, stak, flip Dana 300,

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I guess what type of wheeling or trails do you do, that you need to upgrade the T-Case.... this will help give suggestions...

Like mentioned above there's numerous choice and it all comes down to price and what your looking to get out of it....

D300, Atlas, Stak, Rubi 241, Stock 231 with Teralow or LowMax..... etc...

I'm on 60s and 42s and still running the stock 231 and works just fine

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Stock with slip yoke
What about that is upgraded?

The 231 is a great little t-case if you're happy with the low ratio. The 241 is big, harder to tuck, but has a nice 4:1 low. A 2 speed Atlas would be my ideal t-case. If you can afford it, go for it. Personally, I love the 231 but I would stay far, far away from the Tera low. The planetary gears are problematic.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
The 241 is big, harder to tuck, but has a nice 4:1 low.
Hmmm... I didn't have a hard time doing a TT with my Rubi 241.
You either get the 1"BL or your dimple the tub so the extruded "boss" feature on the T-Case clears and enough room when lifted up for the TT.

I plan on running my 231 atleast one more year then looking at upgrading down the road and right now looking at D300 or a Rubi 241

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Ahhh true... if your going totally flat...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i do alot of rocks and my 231 is fine when im on the trails but when comes to the rocks just not low enuff i would like have a 241 but cant find them any where. then i have been looking hard at the atlas man that alot of money.(if you play you pay) dose anyone know 1st hand how hard they are to put in? i got 4.5 of lift rite now

·
Registered
140 Posts
4.0 to 1 would be nice on rocks ,but will kill any chances at getting up those greasy hill climbs. A 3spd case would give the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Yea plus on having the right gears in the axles... I'm running 5.13's and makes a big difference with my stock 231 and D60s.

The 241 can usually be had for about $1000-$1200, depending on who's selling them. I've seen a few on Pirate but at times they do go quick. The 241 will bolt up easier in your current Jeep, but you'll probably have to change your rear DS due to length and the built in rubi SYE.

The Rubi case works great from my experiance with them and they handle the rocks and the greasy hills just fine.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm running 33s with 355 gears. Don't really want regear 35&30 stock axles

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got a sye kit on mine 231 now will I have change my shaft if I do the 241?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I seen one on this site but said it come out of a yj not sure if it fit

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I got a sye kit on mine 231 now will I have change my shaft if I do the 241?
You would probably have to get a measure measurement of it to see... but the only thing I can thing of, is that the T-Case side of the DS might have to change.

The Rubi NV241 has a Flange plate and not a yoke like most of the 231's. So you could probably swap the flange out for a yoke style instead or on the DS make it a flange.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts